Who you’ll be working with
As a Technical Test Automation Engineer for one of Capgemini’s major accounts, you will join a creative and diverse team at the rapidly growing Digital Delivery Centre in Worthing. The team culture is supportive and open – we work in an agile fashion to collaborate effectively and work as efficiently as possible. This means flexibility is key; being adaptable and open, and seeing the success of the team as more important than individual pursuits. The work is varied and there is plenty of it!
The focus of your role
As a Technical Test Automation specialist you will work as part of an agile software development team to drive quality for both functional and non-functional requirements. You are passionate about delivering and continually improving your development and testing processes, ideally also possessing strong consulting skills.
What you’ll do
• Ensuring the team’s software is designed correctly and continuously tested throughout the development lifecycle
• Driving quality deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data
• Contributing to the elaboration of user stories in order to achieve viable, testable products with clearly defined acceptance criteria
• Identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques as part of a focus on continuous improvement.
What you’ll bring
• Solid experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc)
• Good knowledge of Java or JVM languages such as Scala, Groovy etc
• Expertise with test automation tools and frameworks
o UI testing – Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser based testing framework
o API testing – web services / RESTful (using SoapUI, Postman etc)
o Gherkin based BDD framework
• Collaborative skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent understanding of non-functional requirements, test analysis, software engineering principles and continuous improvement methods
• Understanding scope and limitations of different test types
• Defect management and Triage process
• Understanding of the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing
• A good understanding of the following testing approaches:
o Test data creation and management strategies
o Exploratory Testing
o Automated Testing
o Load / Soak / Performance Testing
o Usability Testing
o Security Testing
o Operational Testing (Stability/Backup and Recovery/DR)
• Good working knowledge of the following:
o User story creation and elaboration
o Understanding of how physical architecture affects QA
o Continuous Delivery
• Experience in using the Atlassian product suite is preferable (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.