Who you’ll be working with
With over 180,000 people in over 40 countries, the Capgemini Group is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™ and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
The focus of your role
Software Developers work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams to develop outstanding software that exceeds customer expectations. As a Software Developer, you will sit at the heart of the transformation of our services and will ensure that we can become a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a relentless focus on how the service will be used. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support. We need a team of flexible, skilled developers with a love of web technology to realise our digital objectives.
What you’ll do
• The Software Architect is the point of contact for software architecture and design queries/decisions; The candidate will be expected to work within an agile team, providing software architecture expertise, development and testing activities. The successful candidate would need to have strong interpersonal skills and be a strong technical leader. They will be responsible for undertaking internal software assessments providing governance within the team, negotiating software solutions with Platform architecture leads and working with the technical architect to shape the overall technical solution. They will be expected to provide technical guidance as well as develop key mechanisms and complex components using the above technologies.;
• Define and build software solution(s) considering maturity, integrity, stability, scale, maintainability and user profile;
• Articulate the different architectural views to depict aspects of the solution and common mechanisms for interactions between software components;
• Know the longer term technical strategy and how the solution will consider this, whilst ensuring the software solution is compatible with the overall architecture;
• Appreciate non-technology aspects of the software solution (eg business strategy) ;
• Support the solution throughout its construction, providing support to the development community;
• Relay key messages to other architects, managers and developers consistently;
• Convince the team to adhere to and effectively leverage the software architecture and maintain modifications in architecturally relevant documents;
• Assist in building an effective team of developers;
• The role requires – Knowledge of Open Source & Digital technologies; Detailed knowledge in the following concepts/areas — Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery • Agile/Lean Development • Dev Ops role • Infrastructure as Code • Automated Deployment of code• Configuration Automation • Cloud Computing and AWS • Automated provisioning and scaling ; Knowledge of tools to enable the above, able to make recommendations on tool usage;
What you’ll bring
• Strong technical appreciation of Open Source & Digital technologies and knowledge of tools to enable best practice development and make recommendations on tool usage.
• Proven background and experience in a range of technologies including Java, JSON, XML, Microservices, Agile Scrum methodology, Play Framework, mongoDB, Scala, Docker, Puppet, IntelliJ, IDE, Sbt;
• Knowledge of Java Development, Weblogic, Webmethods, Java Scripting, J2SE, J2EE, Spring, EJB, HTML, HTML5, Unix, Eclipse, SOAP, XML, REST, JBOSS, Apache, Tomact, SQL, Hibernate, JUnit, Selenium (Automation), GiT, WS02
• Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems •
• Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
• Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
• Demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
• Strong Experience of Agile approaches and methodology.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.