The job on offer
The role of Storage & Data Protection Engineer with Capgemini is to support the safe end to end transition of the End User Services from current suppliers into Capgemini.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of exposure in a timeframe.
In this role you will be responsible for the development of a knowledge transfer plan for the services being transferred, covering – document/data requirements, approach to review/feedback and addressing any gaps identified, workshop approach, shadowing/reverse shadowing approach.
You will support the development and execution of the service transition plan, setting out how support for the current end user services will be transferred to Capgemini whilst incorporating the below primary duties:
- Identify and communicate risks associated with Capgemini taking on the end user services and communicating them with the programme and/r service delivery teams.
- Support development of training material or work instructions required by service delivery teams to support services
- Ensure service delivery team requirements for taking on support for the relevant end user services are clearly understood, documented and then delivered in time
- Ensure that all service acceptance testing requirements are defined, testing planned/supported and any test issues managed to closure/resolution
- Assessing the current services being delivered and undertake an assessment of the service delivery compliance to the Capgemini contract
Successful candidates will be highly organised, with previous experience in a similar role with proven Technical domain knowledge in the delivery of the following end user services:
- O365 – Exchange Online – done (Transition), plus in flight Teams/SharePoint (in-flight)
- Device Management – Config Manager, SCCM, 1E Nomad
- SOE – Win 8.1 & 10
- EMM – Mobility Management, Blackberry Airwatch; Intune to replace
- AD/Policy – AD & GPO
- Must be SC eligible
Why Capgemini is unique
- At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
- We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion