The focus of your role
To work with client stakeholders to specify, design and select information technology solutions which comply with the clients architectural standards, leverage industry best practices and deliver business value.
Specifically this role is responsible for providing the overall design and technical leadership for the configuration and integration strategy within our Insurance customer IT landscape.
What you’ll do
- Partner with customer stakeholders to understand their target business model and supporting architectural strategy and agree the information technology solutions required to deliver the strategy.
- Provide expertise and direction for the implementation of Guidewire ClaimCenter and integration with the wider IT landscape such as financial accounting, policy administration, document creation, document management and management information systems.
- Lead the investigation of proposed technology solutions to assess fit for purpose and highlighting potential risks and mitigation plans
- Lead the design and specification of new systems considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and
- Develop and maintain a model of customers current and future Application Architecture and design solutions that are secure, stable, resilient and performing.
- Support and motivate the development team to understand the approach to software design and development
- Perform quality reviews on development team deliverables assuring alignment with architectural principles , industry best practices and conforms to Guidewire development standards
- Support Programme Manager to prepare business case for IT solutions and estimate the cost associated with delivery including infrastructure, licensing fees, development and maintenance
- Assist Programme Managers to develop the high level programme roadmap and delivery schedule
- Jointly facilitate Technical Design Authority with customer Solution Architect to provide arbitration and resolution of technical design issues.
What you’ll bring
- Experienced in implementing Guidewire InsuranceSuite and demonstrating architectural level knowledge of the product set, data model and Guidewire development standards
- Experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including cloud, servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc
- A minimum of four years in a professional senior technical role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator.
- Formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF).
- 10 years of IT architecture experience working in a large scale diverse IT environment
- Proficient understanding of DevOps methods and tools
- Knowledge of Message Integration Pattern and messaging technologies such as JMS, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS etc
- Experience in using Integration Technologies and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) products such as MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, Oracle Service Bus etc.
- Knowledge of batch processing and scheduling technologies such as TWS, BMC Control M etc
- Knowledge of Database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 etc
- Knowledge of existing JEE frameworks such as Spring, Axis 2 for developing Web Services and REST Services
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.