With more than 210,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrated its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
You will craft detailed solution designs, responses and costs within a bid on behalf of Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) for the Managed Services component of an opportunity which could include any combination of Cloud, End User Services, Service Management/Service Integration and Data Center hosting and Infrastructure Management Services. The solution will be designed to meet client requirements, financial targets and follow Managed Services best practice.
Drive the translation of business requirements into innovative business-technology solutions drawing on the CIS offer portfolio
• Create winning proposals by liaising closely with Bid Managers, sales teams, internal delivery organizations, SMEs and 3rd party vendors
• Be responsible for solution quality, accuracy, costs, management of risk and alignment with client requirements whilst differentiating from the competition
• Challenge complex and conflicting business needs to propose a coherent solution integrating functional, technical, financial and organization elements
• Apply technical domain expertise and innovative ideas to design solutions; evaluate multiple options to meet client's business requirements, using a structured approach to select the proposed solution
• Respond to RFI / RFP's, prepare solution documentation, contribute to client orals, workshops and presentations
• Obtain solution approvals by following the solution approval process
• Mentor and guide junior Solution Architect resources
• Provide input to: Qualification, Bid Initiation, Deal Shaping, Solution Design, Costing, Contracting, Proposal writing, Client presentations, Approvals, Due Diligence and Handover to Delivery
- Operational / Delivery experience with in-depth domain expertise and certification as appropriate in any of the following streams:
- Data Centre operations
- Server, storage, database, middleware technologies
- Network and associated security technologies
- Virtualization / Cloud and transformation technologies
- Experience of designing Data Services and Cloud solutions in response to RFPs or requests from client
- Awareness and experience of the Pre-Sales Solutioning process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) including presentation skills up to Board level
- Self-motivated, team player
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that is as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and the associated cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.