Overview of the role
This is an exciting time as we support large scale client transformation across a wide range of technologies. In this crucial role as Service Delivery Manager you’ll work with our Capgemini team supporting one of our largest clients globally.
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity to join our established and rapidly expanding team, working across a diverse range of technologies and areas of the busines. This role is suitable for an individual who Enjoys being part of a flexible, diverse team in a complex and variable environment. Working as a single point of contact between the HMRC Service Managers and the Delivery Teams and to act as an escalation point for live service issues. The role will involve the ownership of existing and new services. Managing customer relationships, including preparation for business events, forecasting and improvement initiatives. Ensuring that team financial forecasts are managed in a regular and timely manner and that actuals are accurately and promptly reported as part of the M-Review cycle with support of PMO. Support the Incident Management processes and manage the communication response ensuring the required information is available to both management, technicians and the business. Support the Major Incident processes and manage the communication response ensuring the required information is available when required by both management and technicians. Reporting of uptime and availability of the live operational services/infrastructure including the management of Service Level Measures and associated commercial discussions
What you’ll do
- Co-ordinate delivery of services ensuring they are delivered in line with contractual obligations and Service Levels via appropriately skilled and managed staff. Business disruption due to service outages is minimised
- Manage finance in accordance with Capgemini and MU financial policies where applicable.
- Services can be supported to forecast capacity.
- Ensure services are fit for purpose, use and support, with mitigated risk and delivered to agreed measures.
- Ensure new or changed services are fit for purpose and seamlessly transitioned into Live.
- Working closely with Delivery Centres and 3rd Party Suppliers to ensure they are aware of and are fulfilling their Service Delivery responsibilities in line with the agreed processes and measures.
- Ensure senior stakeholder requirements & perceptions are successfully managed and escalation is appropriate and timely.
- To develop and manage relationships with Customer, act as a single point of contact for Capgemini and identify and develop potential opportunities or business development.
- Work collaboratively with Delivery Centres, Clusters and Central Delivery Operations (CDO) contributing to the overall success of the Delivery Unit.
- Ensure Service Overview Documents are complete, accurately reflect Capgemini responsibilities and protect Capgemini. Manage risk appropriately.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for an individual who is prepared to be flexible, covering a variety of different activities in the Service Management space. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to take on a challenge, take ownership of issues whilst helping to develop the future strategy and service framework. Flexibility to provide out of hours on-call escalation cover for the live services will also be required. Qualified ITIL Expert/Master, Service Management and Introduction on high performance/high availability systems. Cloud experience desirable.
•Be able to manage conflicting demands
• Interface with key third parties and internal HMRC functions
• Support service delivery and service improvements
• Takes ownership of service issues
• Excellent communicator and stakeholder management
• Lead in alerting, reporting and monitoring of live service
• Report against SLA and KPI’s, produce management information with detailed analysis
• Outcome oriented
• Proactively engage with and lead major incident management when required
• Lead and assist with continuous service delivery improvement initiatives
• Is confident working in an Agile environment
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/