Location: Southend / London
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
The HMRC CTO (Technology) team are looking for additional architects with the traditional architecture skill set, the role will require attendance at discovery sessions, production of an initial Solution Design Documents and a level of ongoing architecture support and governance through attendance at scrum ceremonies and stand ups.
The work is likely to be predominately Southend/London based due to the location of scrum teams and business stake holders.
The role will require attendance at discovery sessions, production of an initial Solution Design Documents and a level of ongoing architecture support and governance through attendance at scrum ceremonies and stand ups.
- Input and development of solution design documents for IS / IT Architecture & Strategy for a government client
- Oversight of architectural direction on behalf of client
- Ownership of client visions, deliverables and accountabilities to ensure adherence and development to Client Architecture Governance processes, best policies, practices and consistency with clients Architecture vision
- Working with agile development teams and delivery architects
- Face off to senior stakeholders and CTO project managers
- Becoming the relevant stakeholders trusted advisors through boldness and honesty
- Responsible for ensuring understanding and technical scope of work at the outset for clients, front desk and test managers
- Relationship Management of the technical relationships with vendors, third parties and the wider Capgemini
- Able to set direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/trouble shooting activities
- Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
- Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients longer term strategy
- Team working – able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
- Good leadership and stakeholder relationship skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and able to adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Self-motivated and determined to succeed
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area and can apply it effectively and is able to apply logic across the board
- Adds personal value: Drives the business to deliver results. Looks to exceed client expectations
- Clear thinking and creative flair
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.