UK Wide, Part time possible
The job on offer
You will be the custodian of the technical integrity of a client’s project or programme. You will typically be on the client’s premises working closely hand in hand with their employees, our engagement manager and the technical team. You will be the “go to” person for any technical issues, and will draw on the huge body of knowledge within Capgemini to address them.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Reviews business context for solutions
- Defines the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options,
- Selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Architects’ capability within BTS is a growing team of 130 people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the architecture team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
- You will design the technology aspects of the solution in line with business objectives and architecture principles
- You’ll ensure that software engineering best practice is followed
- Actively manage technical risks
- Work closely with the Engagement Manager to present a unified front to the client
Must be clearly demonstrated on CV:
- Good software engineering practice
- A structured approach to architectural design
- Strong consultancy and interpersonal skills
- Experience of Agile projects
- Sector knowledge e.g. retail, utility, travel and transport
Why Capgemini is unique
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com