Who you’ll be working with
The role sits within the Capgemini Architecture Group and requires an experienced solution architect with a background in re-platforming, migration and re-hosting applications on a large scale. Applicants should have relevant strong project delivery background experience, coupled with a proven track record of shaping solutions and experience of managing senior client stakeholders.
The work is likely to be predominately Midlands (Telford) based, however, travel to other sites such as London, Newcastle, Southend and Worthing will be required as part of the position.
The focus of your role
Oversight of architectural solutions as developed in individual projects or as part of large delivery project, taking responsibility for ensuring that the technical solution is delivered in-line with the client requirements.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and scope innovative and competitive solutions / projects
- Be able to operate at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects
- Maintain ownership of the architectural solutions and be responsible for adherence to the relevant technical governance processes
- Responsible for maintaining clarity of the technical scope all the way through the project and to ensure the requisite resources and expertise is identified to deliver the project
- Relationship management with senior stakeholders, clients, 3rd parties and internal stakeholders, building a ‘trusted advisor’ status
What you’ll bring
- Experience of designing and delivering multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures at scale in Private and Public Cloud environments, giving consideration to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Able to set direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills and problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
- Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with the clients longer term strategy
- Team working – able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
- Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and able to adapt to changing schedules, priorities and delivery pressure
- Good leadership and stakeholder relationship skills
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area and can apply it effectively and is able to apply logic across the board
- Adds personal value: Drives the business to deliver results. Looks to exceed client expectations
- Clear thinking and creative flair
What we’ll offer you and Why we’re different
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.