Woking / London
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working as part of our Resource Management team within the UK Practices business in Capgemini. Together with our clients, we create and deliver business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. We work with over 230 clients across industry sectors, including UK Public Sector (primarily Tax and Welfare, Justice & Security and Devolved Government), Consumer Products, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Travel & Transport, Telco, Aerospace & Defence. With over 2000 people onshore and 2900 people offshore our capabilities cover end-to-end solution and service delivery across Digital, Microsoft, Open Source, SAP, Oracle and Salesforce platforms.
Our Resourcing team supports the Sales and Delivery communities within the Market Units to fulfil our client’s demands. They work as trusted advisors that work closely together to ensure that we deliver the appropriate skills mix for our client needs using permanent or flexible resourcing solutions.
The focus of your role
The objective of the Senior Resource Manager role is to take ownership of the entire resourcing process for one or more of our Delivery Units. Our staff can be placed on technology-focused delivery assignments in any sector and on projects and engagements of varying size and degrees of complexity, from single person Professional Services or Advisory roles to large multi-site, multi-discipline responsibility projects containing a blend of Capgemini, client and contract staff. Therefore, as a Senior Resource Manager your focus will be to manage the alignment of Demand and Supply for the Delivery Unit(s), ultimately ensuring that we can provide the right people into the right roles on the right engagements at the right time. You will help to develop the resourcing solutions, helping to resolve issues and conflicts and working across a wide variety of stakeholders from the delivery and sales organisations.
What you’ll do
• Work closely with sales and delivery teams to shape resourcing solutions for new engagements and opportunities
• Respond to individual resource requests from multiple stakeholders including Programme and Project Managers, Account Managers and Resource Managers for other parts of Capgemini
• Take ownership of the Resourcing process on one or more key accounts and engage / co-ordinate with the wider Resource Management teams and other Stakeholders to share visibility of the account forecasts and future demand.
• Placing our people into roles, balancing their development needs with the needs of the business
• Build strong relationships with a network of key stakeholders across the business and use this network to proactively seek placement opportunities for your people as they come available
• Build a good understanding of the people within the teams that you are Resource Manager for, understanding their aspirations and development needs and maintaining a current view of their forecasts
• Support Delivery Unit Leadership and the Recruitment team with overall capacity and capability growth planning
• Provide both regular and adhoc Management Information to the Delivery Unit Leadership and supporting forecasting and other business operational processes
• Proactively suggest improvements to established processes and ways of working based on personal experience and insight
• Management and mentoring of more junior Resource Managers
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for people with the following skills and experience:
• A background working in Resource Management roles within a similar organization and with a good understanding of the IT project lifecycle
• Experience of working as a collaborative member of a business unit management team
• Experience of managing and mentoring more junior staff
• Good Stakeholder Management skills, able to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A highly visible people-orientated style with the assertiveness, determination and relationship building skills to challenge objectives and ensure positive results
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Calm and patient under pressure
• Must demonstrate drive and enthusiasm to take positive action and progress projects to a conclusion
• A clear thinker, with an aptitude for detail
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.