An overview of the role
This is a great oportunity to join us in a senior position in a busy Group Press Office team. This is a senior public relations manager role that includes media relations and executive profiling across multiple platforms, digital influencer relations, integrated comms activities and issues/crisis management. Responsible for message definition and management across our Group priorities, you will build creative, strategic campaigns, shape news announcements and strong content to secure coverage in tier 1 business and vertical titles, as well as fuel coverage in our key markets around the world. You will apply your established media relations skills and contacts to leverage a strong network of key journalist contacts and watchers.
You will also devise fully integrated comms programs that will include digital influencer relations and profiling our top leaders across multiple platforms.
And you will support our global network of local PR managers (notably responsible for the UK, The Americas, Nordics, and India), keeping them informed on Group activities and priorities, as well as advising them around issues management. You will also provide advice and strategic counsel to a variety of business stakeholders.
Who you’ll be working with:
In this role you will work right across our business with global marketing managers, business stakeholders, and top executives from many of our business units and sectors, in support of Group priorities and strategic framework, including:
• Data analytics and AI
• Customer First services including Digital Customer Experience
• Capgemini Invent
• Business Services
• The Retail sector
• Capgemini’s strategic partnership activities
• Innovation activities
You will also have the opportunity to shape, build and be involved in wider corporate comms activities, integrated comms programs, special Group projects and issues/crisis management.
Role & Responsibilities:
• PR campaign strategy, planning and execution in collaboration with global marketing managers to support Group priorities
• Work to create and tell a joined up corporate story across multiple business units to support key global messaging pillars
• Management of Success Story process to create multi-format case studies across all channels
• Global PR network coordination, support and mobilization particularly across the UK, The Americas, Nordics, and India
• Management of more junior staff who work internationally (Mumbai) including supporting their career development
• Creation and activation of integrated comms plans across all influencer channels/touch points including web and social media, coordinating with other global teams such as Brand, Digital, Internal Comms and Analyst Relations
• Senior stakeholder management including executive profiling plans across multiple channels (traditional media, social media etc). Providing strategic counsel and advice with regard to their media and comms. presence
• Manage and drive the global PR agency with stretch goals to fully support the Group PR programs
• Devise and build digital influencer relations programs
• Work with the Capgemini Research Institute to shape the messaging and promote thought leadership reports
• Work hand in hand with the digital team to build stories and compelling content for the website
• Ensure comprehensive measurement and reporting is in place
At least 10 years’ experience in PR and Media Relations
• Strong network of journalist contacts in the business, tech and sector media, with experience of how to maintain and maximize those relationships
• Ability to translate complex messages and commercial offers into compelling stories and content that will resonate with the media and drive engagement across multiple channels
• Ability to be pragmatic and manage a fluid sometimes fast-moving workload
• Experience in managing more junior team members
• Experience in managing senior stakeholder profiles
• Experience in crisis communications and issues management
• Experience in managing budgets and leading PR campaigns
• Experience in managing a PR agency
• Experience in building social media content
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• A french speaker would be a bonus but not essential
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.