Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
Delivering across a range of dedicated sectors, our work covers depth and breadth; from running major programmes for the largest banking and financial services organisations, to supporting the strategy and operating models of individual police forces, smart metering solutions providers, and FMCG consumer insights and analytics functions.
The outcomes of our work across Public Sector, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Consumer Products & Retail and Automotive touches virtually every citizen and business in the land. We use data to drive insights; creative design to support solution development and consulting, and advisory skills to develop and implement new strategies and operating models.
Through advanced data analytics and emerging tech-enabled solutions such as artificial intelligence and automation, we’re helping organisations to navigate the new world of big data, while supporting the development and implementation of new strategies, processes and business models.
An overview of the role:
With rapid growth across several sectors such as Financial Services and Public Sector, we are seeking a Senior Director to join our Enterprise Model and Strategy team.
You’ll bring your delivery experience, and leadership and stakeholder management skills to support our clients to innovate and develop new strategies, products and services. Responsible for leading the delivery of large-scale programmes, you will work in partnership with clients to design and implement new business and operating models, often taking an agile approach.
As an experienced leader in the practice, you will balance your delivery role with driving and supporting the development and expansion of our Enterprise Model and Strategy team across different sectors. The role will be varied and challenging, working with clients to leverage emerging opportunities and solve their most pressing problems, often in a fluid and uncertain environment.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
As a Senior Director in the business you’ll help set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Leading the delivery of large and complex projects, working collaboratively with team members and clients to rapidly understand and define business challenges and potential solutions
- Develop and present meaningful and practical insights and recommendations, based on a robust evidence-base, and that can stand up to client scrutiny
- Build strong, long-lasting client relationships as a trusted advisor at all levels
- Coach, develop, and performance manage team members as part of project delivery
- Lead the pursuit of business development opportunities for the Enterprise Model & Strategy practice, comprising strategy development & execution, operating model, process, service, and organisation design
- Work with colleagues in our sub-brands, Frog and Idean on new product and service strategies and strengthen the convergence of design-led thinking, strategy, and operations
- Support the growth of the Enterprise Model & Strategy team through engaging leadership and recruitment support across all levels
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record of delivering business value within a consulting practice, enjoy working collaboratively with clients and have a passion for developing people. We need strategic thinkers who are fuelled by solving complex problems as part of a results-driven, supportive team. We expect an entrepreneurial flair and a willingness to take calculated risks, alongside a keen appetite to develop new skills. While experience in digital and agile projects are desirable it’s not a pre-requisite; we will support you to develop such skills alongside a wide range of learning and development initiatives. In addition, you’ll have the following experience:
- Currently working in a major Consulting firm, and/or in industry with a recent Consulting background.
- Proven business success – demonstrated business success defined by clear, measurable business outcomes achieved.
- Analysis and problem-solving – the ability to shape and solve problems using a data-driven approach to drive insights that make the difference for our clients.
- A strategic thinker who can demonstrate experience of developing operating models – an understanding of the link between strategy and operating models, and the challenges in moving from invention to implementation with flexibility and agility.
- Relationship building – the ability to develop and maintain peer relationships with senior management level executives.
- Sector experience – either as a consultant or in a line role; an understanding of the current trends and issues in the relevant sector(s) and broader ecosystem, and their impact on organisations and society.
- Learning and coaching – the desire to continue developing and to develop those around, both for clients and your Capgemini Invent employees.
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting solutions.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating c.£3m of consulting revenues.
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 9th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/