Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires a Senior Business Analyst who demonstrates strong leadership abilities, is knowledgeable in the P&C software industry, and can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. In depth knowledge of Duck Creek or Guidewire Policy and/or Duck Creek or Guidewire Billing is desired.
The role will be London based however at least 50% travel is required and will vary based on the client account assignment. This employee will work with large implementation teams and will be expected to work in a team setting; providing guidance to less senior team members, communicating status to the client and project manager, and help keeping the project moving from a requirements aspect. Employee will independently ensure that the quality of a developed product has met the acceptance criteria for client delivery by providing in-depth knowledge of approved business and testing requirements, insurance, and technical aspects of DuckCreek products.
What you’ll do
- We require a strong business analyst who has experience in property & casualty software industry and can work with fast paced Insurance clients.
- Experience working with DuckCreek BillingCentre or Guidewire BillingCentre
- Provides expert guidance in the understanding of the insurance product and business needs of the customer
- Delivers excellent verbal and written communication skills, including informative and well-organized presentations, and interacts professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the customer and independently builds solutions
- Assists in overall project management to include the ability to prioritize and manage customer expectations through enforcement of deadlines and schedules, to lead meetings with customers, to determine priorities and critical path necessary to achieve defined objectives according to plan, to identify areas of project risk and implement mitigation plans, and to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions for presentations to the customer
- Plan, facilitate, and conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings, and presentations
- Understand project lifecycle activities for requirements, implementation and maintenance
- Understanding of one or more estimation methodologies
- Basics of insurance domain to understand the business requirements
- Leads daily stand up meetings for BA/QA, if team size requires.
- Assigns work to other business analysts to help gather/document requirements or issues
- Customer contact for all system business use questions
- Responsible for getting customer input on issues and answering customer questions
- Works with developers to help them in understanding issues
- Documents enhancements, contributes to estimates
- Works with QA to ensure they understand issues
What you’ll bring
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong business skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Mentor Business Analysts and System Analysts
- Solid experience doing requirements elicitation, drafting requirement artefacts, meeting with business stakeholders to define project goals
- Experience using Confluence and JIRA to support customer implementations
- SQL, XML
- Agile & Waterfall processes
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, One Note)
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.