Base location: Telford
Security Clearance Required
The HMRC Market Unit is of prime importance to the group, maintaining our position as strategic advisor to one of our largest global clients is paramount to our combined success, critical to this is our ability to maintain excellent client relations whilst offering true differentiation.
As Senior Bid Manager within the HMRC Market Unit you will work closely with the HMRC account team, particularly the Innovate and Transform (I&T) team, to support the ambition for growth and enhance the Capgemini brand in the account. Within I&T, the Bid Management team handles both competitive bids and various types of non-competitive statements of work.
This Senior Bid Manager role is focused specifically on competitive bids. The Market Unit is operating in an increasingly competitive environment, dealing with increasing volumes of high-value and high-complexity opportunities often under considerable time pressure.
Manage the competitive bid process including:
– Bid planning
– Bid team mobilisation and management
– Tracking and managing bid response iterations
– Ensuring comprehensive coverage of client requirements
– Being accountable for and managing the executive sign-off process for complex deals
– Meeting milestones and deadlines throughout the bid process
– Leading regular bid checkpoints (typically daily)
– Maintaining bid management artefacts (plan, response tracker, RAD log etc.)
– Stakeholder management to ensure bid timelines are understood, expectations are managed and changes communicated.
• Play a key role in producing bid responses by:
– Reviewing, editing and re-engineering content authored by others to build compelling responses with the aim of scoring maximum points
– Challenging content authors where greater coverage, detail or clarity is required
– Ensuring consistency across all elements of the bid response
– Applying high-quality standards of grammar, layout and readability
– Assisting with weaving in win-themes to responses
– Applying lateral-thinking and creative flair to set responses apart from the competition.
- A strong bid management background within an IT services environment
- Consistent and demonstrable experience of deals >£10m and ideally some experience of deals over >£100m TCV
- Experience of public sector bids including common government frameworks
- Broad experience leading Infrastructure, Applications and Digital bids blending traditional offerings experience with newer technologies and approaches
- Experience of managing complex approvals processes, up to main board level
- Able to develop impactful content to create a compelling message for the client
- Strong copywriting skills applied to technical subject matter and clearly articulating win themes and business value
- Experience of leading successful bids in a competitive supplier environment
- Able to command the overall messaging, ensuring consistency in style and tone of voice
- Experience of managing the bid process under pressure and within strict timeframes
- Able to coordinate, lead and motivate diverse multifunctional bid teams
- A strong relationship builder, able to effectively navigate the complexities of the HMRC account team
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs