A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
The role sits within the SET function of the Security team and is focused in three main areas for Security Engineering and Operational activity:
- Projects – Delivering new tools and or upgradingrefreshing existing applications.
- Run Activity – Monitoring and acting as required on the health of various Security tools.
- Incident Response – responding with appropriate actions as required if the SOC alerts of an incident.
Your primary responsibility is ensuring the security and integrity of our client’s IT infrastructures and protecting their information systems across their global IT estate. This will be achieved this by taking ownership of and providing end to end resolution of incidents, including detection, triage, malware analysis and remediation as required.
The Security Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensuring the integrity of client IT infrastructures.
- Maintaining green lights on all Security Toolkit Infrastructure within the SET remit
- Supporting various toolsets including SIEM, IDPS, GVM and Malware Protection.
- Record and respond to health alerts from the Security Infrastructure the SET maintain.
- Tuning and policy enablement, features and enhancements as required in response to Security Incidents and general enhancements requested by the client.
- Troubleshooting potential impact of security tooling on business applications as required.
- Assignment to specific project activity to deliver new features or Security Tools.
- Response to and following of core IT Service Management Principles.
- Experience of Engineering and operating Security Toolsets in large and complex environments.
- Strong understanding of security threats and compromise methods.
- Understanding of server, client and network technologies.
- Experience working in an IT outsource environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Client engagement skills, time management, expectation management etc
- Aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to keep calm and perform under pressurised situations.
- Experience of balancing security risk versus specific businessclient requirements
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you. entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs