Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Capgemini’s Cybersecurity Practice delivers projects and consulting services in all areas of IT and OT, from networks to cloud services and everything in between. Our services include high-level consulting, strategy and business case development, architecture design and implementation across all market sectors including government and secure sectors.
Capgemini has over 3000 Cybersecurity professionals (over 300 in the UK) to help define and implement our clients’ cybersecurity strategies. We protect their IT, industrial systems and the ever-growing number of products and systems enabled by cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT). As trusted advisors, we also strengthen their defences, optimize their investments and control their risks.
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of services that maps across IT advisory, design, implementation and ongoing management, to serve as true an end-to-end capability partner entirely aligned to business outcomes. A solution that is efficient, scalable and secure, that strikes a balance between flexibility and cost, while facilitating innovation and future business planning. The result is improved service quality, productivity and end-user gratification.
The role is focused in three main areas for Security Engineering and Operational activity:
- Projects – Delivering new tools and or upgradingrefreshing existing applications.
- Run Activity – Monitoring and acting as required on the health of various Security tools.
- Incident Response – responding with appropriate actions as required if the SOC alerts of an incident.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of client IT infrastructures.
- You will keep the lights green on all Security Toolkit Infrastructure within our remit.
- You will support various toolsets including SIEM, IDPS, GVM and Malware Protection.
- You will record and respond to health alerts from the Security Infrastructure we maintain.
- You will tune and enable polices, features and enhancements as required in response to Security Incidents and general enhancements requested by the client.
- You will be engaged to troubleshoot potential impact of security tooling on business applications as required.
- You will be assigned to specific project activity to deliver new features or Security Tools.
- You will respond to and follow core IT Service Management Principles.
- Experience of Engineering and operating Security Toolsets in large and complex environments.
- You will have a strong understanding of security threats and compromise methods.
- Understanding of server, client and network technologies.
- Experience working in an IT outsource environment.
- You will provide excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Client engagement skills, time management, expectation management etc
- Show aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Exhibit a methodical approach to troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to keep calm and perform under pressurised situations.
- Experience of balancing security risk versus specific businessclient requirements.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you. entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs