Security Consultant – Apps
Location: UK Wide
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini offer a complete range of cybersecurity services to guide and secure our clients’ digital transformations. You will be working as part of the Cybersecurity Unit which brings together 2,500 professionals to help define and implement our clients’ cybersecurity strategies. Certified by the NCSC, we protect enterprise IT, industrial systems and the ever-growing number of products and systems enabled by the Internet of Things (IoT). We also strengthen their defenses, optimize their investments and control their risks. Resources in our Cybersecurity Unit include security experts (e.g. specialists in infrastructure, applications, endpoints and identity and access management), a research and development team (whose members specialize in malware analysis and forensics), ethical hackers, five multi-tenant security operation centers (SOC) in different parts of the world, and an Information Technology Security Evaluation Facility. We are also a global leader in testing.
The focus of your role
You will provide Security Consulting expertise to our customers. Offering creative, relevant and commercially viable solutions to the organisations we partner with.
What you’ll do
- You will balance security and information risk against requirements such usability, agility and cost;
- Translate security policy requirements sensibly into technical solutions;
- Recognise and overcome ambiguity;
- Creative and recommending alternative solutions to meet security requirements;
- You will evaluate security enforcing solutions from a business perspective
What you’ll bring
Your understanding of information security and a specialist in one or more of the following;
- Strategic consulting (e.g. security maturity assessments, defining Cybersecurity roadmaps etc.);
- Operational consulting (e.g. using the 27000 series or frameworks from sources such as ISF, NIST etc. to deliver security risk assessment, define security objectives and requirements, and produce organisational and technological policy and procedures);
- Audit services (e.g. assessing the appropriateness of security in organisations, architecture or configuration, assessing and advising on how to achieve compliance with significant standards and regulation such as PCI-DSS, SOX, GDPR etc.)
- Demonstrable success in delivering security-related projects;
- Relevant professional certification
And your skills in any of these areas:
- Application security e.g. security testing, secure development (including SDLC) or security of embedded applications in industrial or consumer devices;
- Security Architecture and design e.g. data center security, cloud security, storage security or secure virtualization;
- Security risk assessment and management
- End-point protection e.g. security of office-based workstations and mobile devices
- Assessment and protection of Industrial and Controls Systems (ICS) including PLCs, HMI and SCADA
- Identity and access management (IAM) e.g. implementation of specific IAM products or accompanying business change).
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefit package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.