Who you’ll be working with
With incidents of cyber-crime frequently in the news, Capgemini’s clients are increasingly conscious of the need to protect their systems and data. A key function of this protection is to reduce the risk of insider threat through personnel security measures. The successful applicant for this role will join Capgemini’s Inverness based UK Security Vetting and Reporting Team located within the Highland Security Operations Centre (HSOC) which in turn forms part of the Company’s Global Cybersecurity Unit.
The Highland Security Operations Centre (HSOC) has proven highly successful since its formation in 2014 and serves a range of government and commercial clients headquartered in the UK and Continental Europe.
The focus of your role
The Capgemini Security Vetting team administer and manage personnel security requirements for Capgemini resources assigned to UK government and commercial projects in accordance with contractual requirements, Capgemini Vetting Policy and UK Government standards.
The vetting team carry out checks comprising of background verification in line with UK Government standard (BPSS) or equivalent and provide administration, management; support and aftercare services for UK Government National Security Vetting (NSV) and non-police personnel vetting (NPPV) applications.
In addition, the successful applicant will be required to carry out a number of structured administration and reporting tasks for HSOC, mostly on a weekly or monthly basis.
This is a very demanding and interesting role, working as part of the UK Security Vetting and Administration team delivering and supporting the corporate security vetting clearance programme and the global administration need of HSOC.
The role is full time 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday Core Hours. UK Government Security Clearance Vetting at SC level and possibly Police Vetting at a minimum of NPPV2/CTC level are mandatory requirements for this role. Successful applicants not already in possession of SC will need to achieve this during their probation period; training and a range of work duties are possible once vetting applications have been submitted.
What you’ll do
Administer security vetting applications and aftercare in a timely manner and in accordance with agreed client procedures including:
- Process requests for security clearance from offer management and internal resourcing teams.
- Check completed applications for accuracy and validity
- Process baseline vetting applications in line with required standards, sourcing employment history reference requests where required
- Liaise with applicants, internal project staff, global HR teams, UK government vetting departments and UK Security Vetting authority.
- Hasten responses and refer excessive delays to team management
- Maintain paper and electronic records in line with the Data Protection Act and Capgemini Policy
- Notification of vetting approvals and refusals
- Provide periodic statistics on UK Vetting
- Support Capgemini’s List X and ISO 27001 Certifications as they relate to the security administration team
- Conduct simple investigations and provide reports on matters such as access to designated secure work areas.
- Obtain data, calculate simple statistics and generally provide information required by regional and global Capgemini Cybersecurity teams.
- Compile, check and distribute simple security reports under the direction of Capgemini’s security management team.
What you’ll bring
Data handled by the team includes extremely sensitive personal information as wells as data that has been protectively marked by the UK Government. Team members must display discretion at all times and be capable of managing and handling data sensitively and confidentially. Successful applicants will receive training locally in both security vetting and HMG/client security levels and classifications.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including:
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Dealing sensitively and effectively with concerned applicants and those who have been refused clearance
- Communication with a variety of HMG/Client vetting agencies and global (mostly UK & India) Capgemini Cybersecurity teams
- Ability to manage a large workload with variable priorities, vetting processing timescales in particular can be very demanding.
- A pro-active service delivery orientated work ethic, including:
- Time management
- A desire for constant service improvement
- Identification of potential improvements to working practices
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven experience of working in a demanding administrative office environment
- Patience and impartiality
- Motivation to learn and develop in the role
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, including a willingness to share information and experience with colleagues
What we’ll offer you
Professional development, career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.