A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have rapidly grown our capacity in the centre and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
You will have the responsibility for ensuring the teams in the Digital Delivery Centre follow consistent agile practices as they develop complex digital solutions. As a Leader and Coach you will be responsible for mentoring the Scrum Masters to ensure best practices are implemented and are being followed and escalating centre-wide and strategic blockers to progress. You will also have responsibility to lead a scrum team within the centre.
What you’ll do
• Ensure the consistent, reliable and repeatable delivery of Digital Services by the Agile Delivery teams through the promotion of Agile/Scrum principles and practices and by mentoring and coaching individual team Scrum Masters to optimise these methodologies for enhanced delivery
• Ensure the scrum team follows the Agile methodology and the scrum framework, supported via appropriate coaching and scrum master activities.
• Remove blockers to successful delivery
• Lead the teams towards the goal of becoming self-managing, optimally performing teams
• Promote Scrum values of Transparency, Focus, Courage, Respect, Commitment within the centre
• Act as a buffer for the teams, removing distractions to delivery and interference from externals
• Facilitate centre-wide ceremonies (scrum of scrums, showcase, joint planning etc)
• Drive consistent reporting on sprint activity to senior management
• Manage senior stakeholder engagement
• Undertake other Agile awareness activities, as required, across the business to build Agile awareness
What you’ll bring
• Experience of delivering online, web and digital products using the Agile Scrum methodology
• Experience of coaching, mentoring and managing Scrum Masters and Scrum teams and an advocate of continuous improvement and subject matter expertise
• Ability to work with and collaborate with software development teams, product managers, operations managers and other digital centre’s to ensure that we have the technologies and processes in place to allow our teams to work efficiently
• Ability to manage senior stakeholders and report into the Centre’s Leadership team
• Ability to promote and increase awareness of Agile activities across the wider business and communities.
• Clear thinking and creative flair
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.