Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
In this crucial role, you’ll be focused on the complexities of scheduling across the client’s estate and investigating and fixing Live issues, a solid background in UNIX and Java scripting would be ideal, with knowledge of Cloud technologies also. You will be motivated, collaborative and determined, you’ll need to validate new versions of our scheduling tools, which involves having to set up full environments. With a collaborative ethos, you’ll work with Architects looking at the wider picture to consider the risks and consequences of changes.
The Capgemini Scheduling Team is looking for a semi experienced individual to work with a team of 6 other scheduling engineers to support and maintain the complexities of scheduling across the estate and investigate and fix live issues. As technology advances, we need to validate new versions of our scheduling tools, which involves having to set up full environments, with full server root access. We need to know scheduling products such as Tivoli Workload Scheduler/SOS Berlin JobScheduler in depth, so that we can quickly respond to Service requests to provide more efficient scheduling solutions. We often work with Architects looking at the wider picture to consider the risks and consequences of changes.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why This Role
• The Scheduling Centre automates and controls workloads/schedules throughout Capgemini across a wide range of OS platforms.
• The team provide complex scheduling services for over 155 business services. This amounts to 70,000 + scheduled jobs and the management of the estates live scheduling master’s and Agents.
• Work is varied between Project work such as moving services to new infrastructure along with the accompanying schedules or maintaining/troubleshooting existing schedules for services when issues/changes arise.
• Due to the criticality of schedules across the estate this is fast paced are of expertise, collaborating across technology landscapes, management levels and organisational boundaries.
• There is also the potential for cross skilling/training. After experience has been gained on the team there is the potential for some on call.
We’re looking for a team player, with good troubleshooting skills. If you’re willing to have a go at something whilst exercising common sense look no further.
• A solid background in Unix
• An understanding of Tivoli Workload Scheduler and/or SOS Berlin JobScheduler.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more about joining Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm