Who you’ll be working with
The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
You will be working in multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams who develop software that exceeds customer expectations. You will sit at the heart of the transformation of our services with the objective of ensuring we can become a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a focus on how the service will be used. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support.
What you’ll do
• Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs. Participate in the rapid development of user-driven Digital prototypes.
• Build prototypes, writing tests, codes and documentations, implementing RESTful APIs, JSON ensuring continuous integration.
• Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class new and existing systems.
• Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load;
• Collaborate with all Scrum Team and Delivery Centre colleagues, providing feedback on more junior/apprenticeship developers where necessary.
• Contribute to a culture of continuous service improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved
• Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment;
• Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider HMRC digital team and across government;
• Providing ‘second-line’ support and occasional ‘on-call’ support.
What you’ll bring
• Excellent demonstrable commercial experience in programming and back-end software development either Scala or Java8 (Scala is the preference)
• Use and implementation of modern front-end web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON;
• Good understanding of web/agile technologies & protocols;
• Demonstrable experience in automated testing solutions;
• Proven problem solving skills: able to logically break down a problem into smaller manageable parts to solve;
• Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
• Proven ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques;
• Demonstrable knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.