SAS Solution Architect
Any Capgemini UK base (although must be prepared to work away from home Mon-Fri at client sites). UK Base locations: London, Birmingham (Aston), Manchester (Sale), Telford, Bristol, Woking.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you will be working with
You’ll be working for one of our major Public Sector clients. These include HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, The Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education and the NHS amongst others with offices in Telford, Holborn, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle.
The focus of your role
The SAS Solution Architect within Data Analytics team has the key role in defining and delivering solutions to implement the HMRC Data & Analytics Strategy. You should thrive on variety and enjoy working across the full lifecycle of a project: help define a client roadmap, create a solution for a service, work with agile teams to deliver, collaberate with clients, provide input to new business opportunities. Join us and help grow our community of specialists, share ideas and innovate. You will also contribute to the Capgemini architecture and technology communities to encourage knowledge share and growth of our people.
What you will bring
We are looking for architects across the practice, so do not worry if you do not have strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate some of these skills then we would really like to talk to you.
Ideal skill set:
• Track record of defining data analytics solutions, including integration with legacy systems.
• Experience in defining data warehousing & analytics AWS Cloud services.
• Experience in the transition of analytics capabilities from legacy on-premise to Cloud solutions
• Technology background in one or more of the following: SAS product suite; SAS Viya; SAS PaaS; AWS
• Experience, and passion for knowledge share and technical leadership.
• Recent experience of delivering SAS analytics services on-premise or in Cloud.
• Background in client-facing roles.
Additional skills also of interest:
• AWS Solution Architect certification.
• Devops tooling and their place in a solution (puppet, docker etc).
• Pentaho DI and Pentaho BA
• Cloudera Apache Hadoop
And as a person you will have:
• A proven track record of delivering complex or cutting edge solutions within the IT industry.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
• Able to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs