Who you’ll be working with
We are currently seeking a top performing SAS Solution Architect with hands on experience in SAS Data Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice. This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced SAS Solution Architect with Technical / Management skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics. You will be joining a growing SAS Practice in a SAS Global Platinum Partner. The successful applicant will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders in order to derive requirements for solutions and to work with the development teams to translate those requirements into accurate Software Specifications. Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients.
What you’ll be required to do
- Define Solution Architectures for SAS implementations
- Analyse usage of existing SAS environments, identify, collate and present recommendations in both the technical and organisational use of the technology.
- Lead and guide interactions with other SAS developers, testing teams, Business Analysts (on shore and offshore) and other technology teams.
- Support the SAS Practice Lead in pre-sales and business development activities with SAS and customers
- Support the SAS Practice Lead in growing SAS skills and knowledge within the Financial Services Business Unit
- Risk and Issue Management.
- Support project managers in estimating effort and planning the delivery of the solution to ensure a quality and risk managed delivery.
- Present complex information in a clear, concise manner removing technical terminology when required to ensure stakeholder support.
- Analytical and consulting skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Articulates recommendations to persuade others
- Be able to work with customers independently
- Lead solution definition and deployment in small project
- Client interfacing skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Project management
- Relationship management
- Be able to advise customers on functional solution
What you’ll bring
- Comprehensive experience in the Information Technology industry with recent experience of client facing Data Architecture development
- Should have TOGAF qualification and be versed in Capgemini IAF
- A strong academic track record including the achievement of a good honours degree or equivalent
- Experience of working within the consulting industry or end user organisation
- A track record of delivering Data Architectures as part of Data warehouse projects
- Comfortable liaising with senior client personnel to establish requirements and discuss potential development strategies for data development
- Able to interpret business requirements in terms of data architecture, database technology and data model design
- Excellent communication skills – interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.