Telford or London
An overview of the role
The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery centre of Capgemini’s HMRC market unit. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of HMRC’s business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on avoidance and evasion, improve and transform tax systems and respond to current Covid challenges.
This role is a unique chance to design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions within the HMRC MU as part of an Agile software delivery team including software architects and fellow software engineers. You will also be supported by product managers, scrum masters and solutions architects. With additional client and key stakeholder interaction as required.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
- You will work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
- You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and operational support.
- You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring other team members.
• Experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale and complex projects.
• Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle.
• Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery.
• Personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Production experience in leading the development of building robust and dynamic reporting solutions.
• Working in collaboration with data management team(s), supporting in the development of the underlying data structure(s).
• Technical expertise in several of our key technologies: SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Studio, SAS Programming, CAS Programming, SAS Stored Process Development, SAS EBI Platform and SAS Data Explorer.
• Experience of working on SAS 9 and Viya environments, hosted specifically on Lunix/Unix Operations Systems.
• Experience of working with a variety of databases, including Oracle, Postgres, Hadoop, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata etc.
• Awareness of Cloud environments, AWS, Azure or Google.
• SAS Certified Visual Business Analyst or SAS Certified in BI Content Developer
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini.
Visit: https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm