Worthing or Telford
An overview of the role
As one of the flagship accounts for Capgemini in the UK, we are expanding our development capability to work on exciting projects using the latest SAP technologies, including SAP HANA, UI5, Gateway and Fiori.
We are looking for innovative and dynamic individuals to join our fast-growing team, deliver leading SAP solutions and grow their career with Capgemini. This role is a unique chance to work as a UI5 developer across multiple, fast paced and high profile projects, with the opportunity to move into lead roles and grow our talent base as we expand our UI capability.
Specifically, the roles will be project driven where the applicant will be involved with the design, build and testing of SAP related solutions.
As part of your work, you will:
• Engage with the UX Designer to lead UI workshops on existing and upcoming projects on the account
• Help to grow and nurture our client relationships by having the eye to identify use cases which can enrich user experience and process improvements
• Understand and translate business requirements into creative developments that meet the user’s needs
• Deliver innovative UI solutions to our clients following SAP Fiori guidelines and UI5 development principles
• Demonstrate UI5 applications to clients during the development phase to elicit feedback and evolve the solution using an agile approach
• Unit test solutions and help with the design of test scenarios and scripts
• Peer review software changes and uphold high standards in software development
• Harness the latest technology on SAP Cloud Platform for our clients
• Work on Proof of Concepts to demonstrate to existing clients and inspire potential clients with our UI strategy and services
• Obtain and contribute new knowledge to our Delivery Centre and help to expand our delivery capability through mentoring and training
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
At Capgemini, our UI and UX teams focus on delivering intuitive, engaging and consistent solutions across multiple platforms. We deliver innovative interfaces, using design techniques such as progressive disclosure and user-centred design.
You will work closely with UX specialists and business process experts to create stunning, coherent and intuitive applications that provide both an excellent end user experience and bring real business value through process optimisation.
You will bring:
• Client facing experience with good communication skills
• Experience interacting directly with end users including a keen focus on accessibility
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines which will be essential for our fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong development skills in SAP UI5 and related technologies
• Experience with OData and particularly OData services in SAP Gateway
• Provide thought leadership on development in UI5
• Experience with SAP Cloud Platform
• Experience in Agile methodologies and processes
• Experience in DevOps concepts such as automated testing
• Understanding of MVC architecture
• Experience with REST APIs
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.