Who you’ll be working with
You will be a part of Capgemini’s dynamic, market leading UK SAP Practice, joining as a SAP Basis Consultant responsible for working in technical design and configuration work streams within complex SAP solutions for our customers. You will work within a large team, who work with the latest technologies such as HANA, Cloud, Hybris, SuccessFactors and be able to grow your career within a consistently growing organization.
The focus of your role
This is a high profile opportunity within Capgemini be become part of our new Delivery Centre in Cardiff. As a SAP Basis consultant you will work on complex projects and provide support and technical expertise to some of Capgemini’s key clients, migrating and upgrading a highly available heterogeneous environment delivering key services within the UK Public and Private Sectors. You will be expected to learn new SAP and non-SAP skills to and to keep your skills current through formal and informal training. The role will be initially mainly office based and require you to be part of an on-call rota but could develop to a full consultancy-type role if desired.
What you’ll do
• Implementation and administration of multiple key SAP Technologies – ABAP, Java, Business Objects, HANA, Gateway, Flori etc.
• Implementation and administration of multiple operating systems – Unix, Windows, Linux
• Implementation and administration of multiple databases – DB2, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase ASE, SAP HANA
• Performing Upgrades and Patches
• Support both BAU and Project engagements
What you’ll bring
• Experience of current SAP Technologies – HANA, BO, Gateway, Integration with Cloud Platforms etc
• Demonstrable presentation and client facing skills.
• Have knowledge of several industry sectors and their associated SAP industry solutions, relevant to Capgemini’s e.g. Public & Private sectors.
• Have a good balance of experience in installation, testing & day-to-day administration.
• Good communication skills
• Experience with full SAP project life cycles (Implementations and upgrades)
What we’ll offer you
Professional and technical development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
We are really keen to hear from anyone interested in this role who is returning from a career break, and wants to build on their previous experiences in this area. For more information on the support we provide returners, please see our Return@Capgemini pages.