Location: Worthing, South East England
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SAP Frontend UI/ABAP Consultant to work within Capgemini’s SAP Delivery Group (SAP DG) on the South Coast. The SAP DG is responsible for supporting and implementing the SAP Tax and Revenue Management and Enterprise Resource Planning solutions for HMRC, which is the largest implementation of its kind globally. We are a dynamic and fast-moving business unit, with an expectation of further growth over the coming years to ensure that we can continue to deliver high quality SAP solutions for HMRC.
As an experienced SAP Frontend UI/ABAP Consultant, you will work within our 55+ strong Technical Team to deliver project, enhancement and Live Service changes for all SAP Systems in our landscape whilst liaising closely with Functional Consultants, Testers and Project Managers. This is a challenging and multi-faceted role that requires strong technical skills across an expanding number of technical skillsets as well as excellent stakeholder management and work management skills.
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity to join our rapidly expanding team, working at the forefront of SAP technology.
As an all-round SAP Frontend UI/ABAP Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering a strong ABAP focused and UI related development changes across a wide range of technical disciplines including Enterprise Portal, Webdynpro for JAVA, UI5, Fiori for all WRICEF elements (Workflow, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms).
You will also be required to:
- Provide impacts by examining packages of work to determine their size and complexity
- Develop and deliver code changes in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Complete allocated work within the agreed time, cost and quality criteria and provide progress reports on assigned work giving realistic timescales for completion
- Unit Test changes in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Support system and integration testing cycles and perform any necessary defect resolution in a timely manner
- Manage and control problems and changes within your area of responsibility as requested by the Technical Lead, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
- Promptly escalate problems, issues and risks as necessary
- Support technical implementations (Releases, Patching, Upgrades)
- Play an active part in Process improvement and be aware of and comply with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
Mandatory Technical Skills
- SAP ABAP and Enterprise Portal development experience
- Hands on SAP Webdynpro for JAVA knowledge
- Exposure to OpenUI5, OData, Fiori or Screen Personas
Desirable Technical Skills
- JAVA and Webservices
- SAP SaaS and Cloud Platform development exposure
- SAP PI and Cloud Platform Integration
- SAP API business hub
- SAP PSCD / TRM
Other Technical Skills
- Knowledge of development methodologies i.e. Waterfall, Agile
- Agile methodologies tool sets i.e. JIRA, Confluence
- Awareness of SAP Release Management and RevTrac
Mandatory Business Skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams (i.e. manage multiple concurrent development deliveries)
- Proactive risk and issue identification and management
- Ability to plan, organise and manage development work and deliverables for self and others
- Able to work to tight timelines and planned deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and creativity skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- High degree of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Eagerness to learn and demonstrating drive and energy
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Professional appearance
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.