Derby/Aston (additional travel may be required to varied UK locations)
Who you’ll be working with
The UK AMS Delivery capability is globally-renowned for sustained client service and delivery excellence.
What makes us different?
- We have a unique focus that sets us apart from our competitors: A dedicated Application Management Services Sales and Sector team
- Capgemini employees live the company’s values, including boldness, fun and modesty: Our customers really like this as it is embodied in the people we put forward onto our engagements
- We empower our people so that they, as well as Capgemini, can deliver results
We are an assignment-based organisation. Flexibility is intrinsic to our way of working, enabling our people to gain the experience they need to progress their careers.
The focus of your role
The BW2/7 Consultant is expected to be able to help Capgemini’s client with answering queries, resolving issues and incidents and providing best practice where required. The candidate will also work on Requests for Changes and enhancements. The candidate will be expected to have a strong knowledge of BW7.4 on HANA, HANA Studio but also the ability to support legacy BW2. The candidate is expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, being able to demonstrate an ability to develop other colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Provide Technical & Functional support for BW2.1 on Oracle 8
- Provide Technical & Functional support on BW on HANA version 7.4
- Resolution of incidents/problems for the client
- Assisting with upgrades to newer versions of the application
- Creating and executing test scripts for making BW functional checks
- Creating estimates for BW functional and technical changes
- Creating/updating functional specifications and testing of fixes and enhancements
- Liaising internally with BASIS and SAP functional teams and help desk and externally with client staff
- Following ITIL processes such as incident/problem and change management procedures
- Planned out of hours work will be required e.g. releases/system checks
- The applicant will require SC clearance for secure site attendance
What you’ll bring
- At least 5-6 Years of experience in SAP BW/BI
- At least 3 years of Experience in SAP BW on HANA
- Worked in projects involving SAP BW modelling with respect to SAP HANA using Composite providers, HANA optimized DSOs, BW Objects exposed as HANA views etc. as per LSA Methodology
- Experience in modelling and handling various types of SAP extractors in modelling like FI, COPA, PS, Generic etc.
- Experience in writing ABAP Code for BW extractors, Transformations, SQL scripts from HANA Transformation perspective etc.
- Experience in developing BW queries using BEX query designer
- BW techno functional knowledge
- Experience on Native HANA Modeling using HANA Studio i.e. Calculation, Analytical and Attribute views etc.
- Experience of working within an Application Support environment to ITIL processes and Project Execution Methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall Model
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more and apply