SAP Basis Lead Consultant
Telford, West Midlands
In this pivotal role you will be working in the SAP Delivery Centre as part of the Basis team working across multiple projects and service engagements on an SAP Platform that is within an Azure Cloud infrastructure. The team has a core element based in Worthing, with additional resources in Telford and offshore in India. You will also be working with Basis consultants from the wider Capgemini SAP practice and additional flex consultants when required.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
• The focus of your role will be to lead and deliver strong Basis capability to the SAP Delivery Centre and supporting our Clients.
• You will be working on a complex SAP landscape with multi-track developments. The experienced applicant is needed to perform across all phases of the SAP lifecycle including Live Support.
• You’ll be part of the Basis team in Worthing supporting our colleagues to deliver new functionalities and SAP systems, whilst maintaining the existing landscape.
• You will be required to perform traditional Basis activities such as database administration and SAP administration but also be required to undertake patching, upgrades, and installation of new systems.
• You will need to be quick to learn in this rapidly developing platform especially the cloud-based infrastructure solutions.
• It is essential that applicants are willing and able to take on on-call duties as part of On-Call rota should there be a call out overnight or at weekends.
• Problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
• Strong SAP Basis administration skills for both ABAP and JAVA systems essential
• Oracle experience on recent versions of oracle
• Experience in various Backup/Restore procedures
• Any Oracle RMAN and Dataguard knowledge is a bonus
• In-depth knowledge of SAP installations and migrations
• In-depth knowledge of SAP upgrade and patching
• Unix skills, preferably Linux
• Exposure to cloud infrastructure solutions i.e. Azure, AWS.
• Solution Manager BASIS administration knowledgeTo deliver strong Basis capability to the SAP Delivery Group and HMRC.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development, accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as combined as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are dedicated to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.