Capgemini UK’s Salesforce Practice requires an experienced Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant to join its growing Digital Customer Experience (DCX) practice. You'll be working closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients; typically, within a consulting or delivery engagement context.
Capgemini works with some of the world’s largest brands, on some of the most interesting and complex projects posed to modern IT. The Salesforce Practice is one of the fastest growing areas within Capgemini UK and focuses on helping its clients achieve business value using Salesforce.com, the world’s number one cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution.
You’ll be working across a vast spectrum of industry sectors. You’ll be working with clients to transform their businesses using the Salesforce.com platform, supported by one of the largest ecosystems of Salesforce apps available. You’ll experience variety; one day you could be working with the client to understand its business requirements, the next day you may be working with your team on how to resolve a complex business or technical challenge to keep a project on track.
Working closely with clients, you’ll analyse exactly what they need. Then you’ll design and develop the right solution to exceed their expectations, using your technical Salesforce Marketing Cloud configuration and coding experience. But, whatever the project, you’ll constantly indulge in your passion for Salesforce, CRM and Marketing Automation and your love of exploring ideas. With qualities like these you will become the person clients turn to when they face their most complex challenges.
- Work within the Marketing Cloud team to deliver Marketing Cloud implementation projects
- Work closely with our clients to understand their Marketing Automation strategy and requirements to develop the solution in Marketing Cloud
- Be confident working with Marketing Cloud, understand its data entities and disciplines, write data queries in SQL and configure Marketing Cloud Connector to Salesforce’s Service and/or Sales Clouds
- Work with the clients’ Marketing teams to support the build of campaigns and automations within Marketing Cloud
- Be an expert in Marketing Cloud and be able to talk confidently with senior CRM and marketing executives; be able to demonstrate Salesforce’s capabilities and the art of the possible
- Have an eye for detail and quickly produce high quality presentations and design documents
- Spend a good proportion of your time face to face with our clients; so we’ll help to develop your professional communication, presentation and solution design capabilities
- Work closely with the Marketing Cloud Capability Lead to support on RFIs, RFPs and any other pre-sales support needed
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs through a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to suit your needs.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that is as collaborative, as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and their cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organisation, including our social backgrounds, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personalities. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So, we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.