At Capgemini we recognise that many skilled professionals require additional support following a career break, which is why we are proud to offer a tailored approach to helping you rediscover your potential and join our expanding network of Returners.
Capgemini’s Returners Programme is aimed at anyone who has taken a career break of 2 years or more for whatever reason. To enable you to refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence the main programme benefits are:
- Initial 6-month, fixed-term contract with a view to becoming a permanent employee.
- Four Returners coaching sessions over the 6-month period.
- Tailored L&D plan devised with the business to provide support back into the team.
- Support network of existing Returners.
Some roles do require security clearance due to the access of secure information. The basis of gaining this clearance would require you to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years. This is a legal requirement. Therefore, please only apply to these roles if this applies to you.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
You will work within the Business Operations Monitoring team developing and supporting the monitoring tools on the estate. You will play a key part in supporting the monitoring of key services for one of Capgemini’s largest clients.
Driving direction in line with our teams roadmap to ensure we perform and implement operational support of infrastructure and application performance monitoring. The tooling ranges from infrastructure health monitoring via BMC toolsets to end to end performance monitoring of client services and applications via APM tooling from Riverbed, AppDynamics and others. Work with Systems and Service Management teams to deliver various monitoring requirements/deliverables into the live estate. To provide 3rd line support for specific Monitoring technologies.
• Work with Architects to translate high level monitoring NFRs in to the configuration of the appropriate monitoring tool(s) described in the 'Technologies and skills' section
• Provide consultation to projects on how to configure applications to meet their requirements. Input into architectural artefacts and solutions for projects (eg: FSA, TPR,TeN,D&CG)
• Assess technical aspects of projects and produce necessary monitoring documents
• Input and review of test strategy and plans to ensure systems & service management coverage.
• Live support of Monitoring solutions ensuring service stability and service improvement.
• Provide monitoring support for key business events.
• Use of existing tooling to analyse application traffic and identify root cause of service issues
• Ongoing development of solutions to monitor the end-to-end performance and end-user-experience of HMRC services
It would be advantageous to have experience of all or some of the following.
• In depth understanding of all components of an IT infrastructure, including hardware, o/s and application technologies.
• Experienced in the use of industry standard enterprise level infrastructure and application performance monitoring and troubleshooting toolsets.
• Strong working knowledge of end-to-end and real-time user experience monitoring toolsets, network traffic analysis and understanding of multi-tiered application behaviours. i.e. programming skills such as Java (up to and including Java 9)
• Specific experience of design, implementation, operation and support of BMC TSOM, Entuity, TSIS, Discovery, ADDM CMDB, Patrol technologies
• Specific experience of APM monitoring solutions e.g. Riverbed, AppDynamics, Dynatrace
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written presentation and customer interaction skills.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Please ensure you have read and meet the criteria to apply for the Return Programme.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.