Any UK Base
We have multiple locations available including Telford, Holborn, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle You will need to be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
At Capgemini we recognise that many skilled professionals require additional support following a career break, which is why we are proud to offer a tailored approach to helping you rediscover your potential and join our expanding network of Returners.
Capgemini’s Returners Programme is aimed at anyone who has taken a career break of 2 years or more for whatever reason. To enable you to refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence the main programme benefits are:
- Initial 6-month, fixed-term contract with a view to becoming a permanent employee.
- Four Returners coaching sessions over the 6-month period.
- Tailored L&D plan devised with the business to provide support back into the team.
- Support network of existing Returners.
Some roles do require security clearance due to the access of secure information. The basis of gaining this clearance would require you to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years. This is a legal requirement. Therefore, please only apply to these roles if this applies to you.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
You’ll be working for one of our major Public Sector clients. These include HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, The Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education and the NHS amongst others with offices in Telford, Holborn, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle.
As a Platform Architect you will Govern the Cloud Infrastructure Project and solutions ensuring a consistent approach to technical solutions. You will set the direction and technical scope, leading a small team of technical individuals to manage their deliverables.
- Lead a technical team to deliver pieces of work as part of our Platform Operations team
- Work closely with the PM early in the project to scope work, effectively cascading that onto any stream or joint team members.
- Successfully manage the agreed technical scope during the project.
- Own the architectural solutions to ensure adherence to Architecture Governance processes, adherence to policy, best practices and consistency with architecture vision.
- Early involvement in reviewing and scoping of Cloud Infrastructure projects for feasibility of delivery
- Experience working with complex Infrastructure & Platform solutions
- Architecture delivery in a mixed platform, multi-tiered environment covering both on premise and cloud environments.
- End to End Delivery experience is essential from initial shaping of the solution through design and delivery.
- Experience of a re-platforming application services onto virtual platforms including migration & cutover, performance and operational considerations
- Delivery considerations in cloud based environments (private, public & hybrid)
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular problem solving/trouble shooting activities
Linux, Solaris, AIX, Power-HA, Windows Server
Experience of working on at least one of the Hyperscale cloud providers
Opensource and Oracle middleware experience preferred
Enabling and Service Management infrastructure experience
Broad based technical background exposure in application and infrastructure including networking technologies, load-balancers, firewalls, security tooling
Understanding of security Architecture and compliance with security policies and processes
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.