At Capgemini we recognise that many skilled professionals require additional support following a career break, which is why we are proud to offer a tailored approach to helping you rediscover your potential and join our expanding network of Returners.
Capgemini’s Returners Programme is aimed at anyone who has taken a career break of 2 years or more for whatever reason. To enable you to refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence the main programme benefits are:
- Initial 6-month, fixed-term contract with a view to becoming a permanent employee.
- Four Returners coaching sessions over the 6-month period.
- Tailored L&D plan devised with the business to provide support back into the team.
- Support network of existing Returners.
Some roles do require security clearance due to the access of secure information. The basis of gaining this clearance would require you to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years. This is a legal requirement. Therefore, please apply only apply to these roles if this applies to you.
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world, recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is people to help put this vision into practice. What it needs is people like you
As a Business Analyst, you work as part of an Agile Scrum Team, having responsibility for understanding user needs, working closely with our business partners, translating problems or requirements into user stories and defining acceptance criteria. Business Analysts are highly customer focused and are responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, supporting their scrum teams to achieve team goals. Analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills are core to effective business analysis.
- contributes to scrum team activities to ensure delivery of team goals
- responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships
- lead in producing user stories and acceptance criteria
- supports effective business analysis through analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
- contribute to sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives
- lead, contribute and support use research activities
- Knowledge of requirements capture methods and techniques, business systems and analysis, front end process, software development lifecycles and associated processes
- Proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology toolsets e.g. JIRA and Confluence and working with Agile approach using Scrum methodology.
- Able to use data modelling techniques
- Experience with Windows and MS Office Applications
- Experience on projects like DEFRA, Department for International Trade,
- Imports/Exports knowledge.
- Methodology, proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology, like
- Waterfall or RUP toolset, and in working with Agile projects & Agile approach.
- Able to use Data modelling techniques
- Experience with the Windows Suite and MS Office applications
- Skill with and knowledge of requirements capture methods and techniques,business systems and analysis, front end process, software development life
cycles and associated processes
- Strong experience in Requirements & Analysis on large scale and/or
multi project environments, Data Capture, Data Analysis. Experience in
an Agile working environment
Detailed understanding of Systems Life Cycles, in particular the
requirements and analysis phases, strong communications, ability to
build and maintain good Client relationships, a flexible approach, ability
to work under own initiative, resilient in nature, able to deal with conflict
management, strong decision making and judgment, influencing skills,
presentation skills to development areas and to client base, strong
evidence of skill competency around flexibility, attention to details,
communicating, conflict management, decisions making and judgment
influencing. Experience in an Agile working environment
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.