Returner – User Researcher – Telford
At Capgemini UK we recognise that the transition from an extended career break back into the workplace can be challenging. This is why 2017 saw us launch our Return@Capgemini Programme to bring talented professionals in to our organisation.
The Return@Capgemini Programme offers a paid placement of 6 months, with the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the programme, to talented professionals that have been on a career break for 2 or more years.
The programme will provide;
- Meaningful experience
- Individual development programme
- Mentoring and coaching support
- Access to a community of others in the same situation.
HMRC are committed to providing exceptional digital services to our customers, in line with the Digital by Default Service Standard set by the government. The Digital by Default Standard is a set of criteria that must be met before a digital service can be launched on the GOV.UK website. The first (and most crucial) of these criteria is shown below:
1. Understand user needs. Research to develop a deep knowledge of who the service users are and what that means for digital and assisted digital service design.
(Digital by Default Service Standard, April 2014)
In order to design a service that’s relevant to the people who will be using it, it’s essential that we gather as much information as possible about the demographic, environment, behaviour, ability and literacy levels of potential service users. User Researchers will be experienced in using a variety of user research methodologies to reveal actionable insights and build a rich picture of customers and other user groups. The role requires strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
What you’ll do
User Researchers work within a wider team of Designers, Analysts and Developers, promoting user-centred design principles and communicating the needs of service users, in order to produce a quality digital service. You will;
- Understand the business problem and devise appropriate research strategies
- Lead the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderations, analysis and report writing
- Be highly visible within a multidisciplinary team of designers, analysts and developers and be able to engage, build trust and create a team culture that is responsive to our users and their needs
- Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to the product and the service design.
- Conduct hands-on user research, including guerrilla/pop-up testing, moderating usability sessions, interviewing, and designing simple surveys and questionnaires
- Plan and design user research sessions, testing both high-level concepts and specific aspects of the service as it is designed and developed
- Work closely with web analytics and other insight colleagues to integrate customer data and research findings
- Develop and present business/design recommendations based on analysis of the findings of user research
- Build strong relationships with the team and other stakeholders e.g. other government departments, Government Digital Services
- Manage day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.