Who you’ll be working with
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The focus of your role
With the retail industry in the midst of one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation, retailers need a partner to help them through this – a partner who helps them understand the issues, helps them define solutions and helps them on the journey of transformation. Retailers need more than just glossy PowerPoint documents. They need results.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful retail consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre Retail Merchandising & Supply Chain experts who can really make a difference for our clients.
What you’ll do
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for some of the UK’s best-known retailers. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of buying, merchandising and supply chain in a digitally-enabled world, and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking and making it a reality for our customers in the clothing, non-food and food sectors. You’ll be a key member of our Retail Supply Chain Centre of Excellence which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring extensive retail experience gained through either management roles within a retailer or delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip retail clients. You should be capable of developing and holding peer-level relationships at all levels of our client’s business.
In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
- Deep knowledge of multi-channel merchandising and supply chain strategies and processes including one or more of:
- Sourcing & Buying.
- Merchandise & Assortment Planning.
- Category Management.
- Pricing & Promotions.
- Forecasting, Allocation & Replenishment.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of how these different processes impact the customer proposition as well as other areas of the business such as logistics and retail operations.
- You’ll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in buying, merchandising and supply chain management. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- You’ll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail organisation.
- Finally, experience of different retail sectors, including fashion, general merchandise and/or grocery business models, potentially with an international dimension.
- You’ll have a passion and understanding for retail transformation in a digital world.
- You’ll possess a sharp intellect, with strong problem solving skills to address the impact of digital on the end-to-end supply chain, as well as an ability to synthesise data and formulate conclusions/recommendations.
- With excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently, you’ll bring the ability to develop and maintain peer relationships with senior management level executives.
- You’ll bring a can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
- You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Invent unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.