We are looking for a Regulatory Business Analyst to join Capgemini’s Cards and Payments practice and work on an initial project with one of our banking clients.
- Define and own end to end business solutions for prioritised initiatives such as regulatory change, strategic change either initiated by Technology or business or small change that will impact the data warehouse capability supporting the business teams.
- Understand the scope and stakeholder map for the initiative in conjunction with the planning process
- Actively contribute to the realisation of the initiative’s aims and objectives, and the contribution of business analysis to those aims and objectives
- Work with business-side clients to produce clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs for features
- Be creative & innovative when designing solutions, that provides focus on the customer and user experience but minimising the cost impact to the business wherever possible
- Deliver pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving desired customer/business outcomes
- Ensure effective progress of work using appropriate lean and agile methods/techniques minimising waste in close collaboration with change delivery teams
- Support business case development in support of designs
- Understand and comply with the requirements of Barclays Agile Change Lifecycle and Group mandated Business Change methods, standards and tools
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Lead, develop and collaborate a strong virtual team ethos bringing together disparate skill sets from across the business to shape change initiatives; providing clear standards, approaches and tools
- Actively participate in agile team ceremonies to refine requirements, plan work and review deliverables
- Set an appropriate level of challenge to own team and internal partners in order to continually demonstrate improvement in the quality and quantity of delivery
- Understand, own and role model Barclays values and behaviors; creating an environment that supports and embeds these
- Ensure appropriate communications take place to keep stakeholders aware and aligned of progress and direction in a timely and effective manner
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Analyse, assess and shape new initiatives to ensure benefits potential is defined and understood by all parties before proceeding
- Organise and facilitate business analysis using a variety of elicitation techniques including joint requirements planning sessions and working groups
- Embed robust business analysis and solutions architecture disciplines from the start to ensure a focus on: voice of the customer, emerging / available technology options, business benefits and alignment to business / operations strategy
- Provide specialist, objective and analytical insight on all business design and analysis related activity on a change project
- Ensure the delivery and presentation of business analysis is to appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget and feed into relevant governance and documentation framework
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Strong track record of business / systems architecture and analysis disciplines, including enterprise architecture; specific experience with lean and agile methodologies and tools is preferable
- Analysis, creativity and innovation – able to conceive original and practical solutions to complex and business critical problems
- Wide understanding of the bank’s goals, direction and strategies; together with the Group’s target architecture & operational principles with an awareness of how technology can be used to bring these together
- Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to be close to the external market to identify and understand new emergent technologies and solutions and their potential for application within the Bank
- Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment
- Exceptional influencing skills in a matrix structure, developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions
- Consultancy skills to be able to understand the bigger picture and effectively solve business problems and identify ways to make both customers and colleagues lives easier; effectively articulate options, impacts and solutions
- Superior drive for results; able to juggle priorities, multi-task and execute flawlessly at speed
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.