Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Python Developer with technical, mathematical and consulting skills, in the area of cloud, business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics.
The person will apply their Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate individual technical and professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables, are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. As a member of a project team, he / she will need to apply team management expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
What you’ll do
- The role is 70% development and 15% level 2 support and 15% mentoring
- You are expected to develop high quality maintainable code for yourself and the team
- You are expected to make technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domain I e both deep technology and business product knowledge
- You are expected to collaborate and communicate globally with other developers and team leads to build technical solutions
- You are expected to have a strong knowledge of software development methods tools and standards and ensure the team complies with said practices You are expected to adhere to Policies Standards appropriate to the role outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training
- Expertise in Python code development
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Extensive experience developing medium to large size Python applications
- Experience of working in an Agile environment preferably Scrum Kanban
- Experience of server-side development multi-threaded code Knowledge of Equity Derivatives Structured products specially within electronic markets
- FIX REST online etc. arena serving structured retail indirect channels Experience of cross region teams and projects
What you’ll bring
- Pragmatic, highly analytical mind set, comfortable maneuvering a high-dimensional problem space
- Detail oriented, reliable with good organizational skills and able to adhere to deadlines
- Good stakeholder management skills and experience
- Qualifications Knowledge of server-side Java Advanced trouble shooting and diagnostics capabilities
- Some knowledge of machine learning (Regression, Clustering, Random Forests) and interest in growing / developing knowledge in the area
- Good presentation skills and communication skills of technical solutions
- Background in mathematics or statistics
- Strong experience solving technical challenges with Python
- Expertise in Unix, basic shell scripting, C#
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics or related subject
- Experience of knowledge of Python based solution issues and technologies
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.