Who you’ll be working with
We are currently seeking a top performing Project Manager with hands on experience with Data or Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services require a Project Manager with experience in delivering projects in Insights and Data technologies such as analytics, data warehousing, and reporting in the Financial Services sector. This person must be able to lead technical teams and engage effectively with senior business and IT stakeholders to deliver projects for our clients. He or she will be responsible for the successful delivery of the project on time and within agreed budget to the complete satisfaction of the client.
The person will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data.
Responsible for Roadmap and Strategy creation and Business benefits case creation in addition to identifying solutions to business problems and creation of use cases for implementation.
What you’ll do
Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients for the following activities;
- Set up the required project governance and agree the delivery methodology.
- Identify key stakeholders and prepare a communication plan.
- Define the project plan and agree with all stakeholders.
- Ensure that project work is accurately estimated and agree the budget with senior stakeholders.
- Prepare key project documentation (such as the Project Governance Plan and Charter).
- Mobilize the team required for project execution.
- Define key roles and responsibilities with Capgemini and client teams.
- Manage requirements scope and ensure change control processes are followed.
- Identify and manage risks and issues. Ensure that key decisions are captured, and dependencies managed.
- Standards: Development of User Access Architecture – BI solution elements relating to analytical reporting
- Participate in technical design sessions, working with technical resources, to provide insight during solution development
- Technical Consultancy: Advising clients on BI reporting and analysis best practice
- Business Case and Cost Justification of the development of Informational Systems
- Reviewing Corporate Information exploitation, the effectiveness of their Informational Systems and gaps between their information requirements and capabilities
What you’ll bring
- Experience working previously as a Project Management and with Data projects experience.
- Experience in managing at least three medium to large Insights and Data projects from start to finish.
- PMP Certified (Prince2 or Agile), Change Management Certified, SAFE 4.5 Framework
- Ability to communicate across all levels in the client organisation.
- Expertise in preparing high quality documentation including client presentations.
- Project experience in the financial services sector (Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets).
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC processes and methodologies.
- Experience of managing multiple teams in different geographies in a matrix management environment.
- Previous experience in the consulting sector highly desirable.
- Agile delivery experience valuable.
To succeed the person will possess and demonstrate several competencies:
- Experience in the Information Technology industry with recent experience of client facing Business Intelligence reporting and analysis development
- Good working knowledge for at least one of the following software applications:
- SAS VA or VS
- Business Objects
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognize individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.