The focus of your role
The Capgemini Planning lead will be responsible for the ownership of the end to end Programme Delivery Schedule and all supporting processes and standards. This role will initially support one of our large insurance clients based in South East London.
What you’ll do
In line with the planning processes and standards the planning lead will be responsible for:
- Lead with the definition of specific actions to be performed to produce project deliverables within the non-agile Programme workstreams.
- Lead the sequencing of activities, identifying and documenting relationships among the project activities within the non-agile Programme workstreams.
- Lead project managers in estimating the type and quantities of material, human resources and equipment required to perform each activity.
- Lead project managers in estimating the number of work periods needed to complete individual activities with estimated resources.
- Drive schedule development (at a project and programme level) through analysing activity sequences, durations, and schedule constraints to create the project schedule model.
- Control project and programme level schedules by monitoring the status of activities to update progress and manage changes to the schedule baseline to achieve the plan.
- Support activities to keep projects on track
- Set realistic time frames
- Document planning assumptions
- Document dependencies
- Assign resources appropriately
- Manage quality to decrease errors
- Provide guidance on processes, tools, document templates & controls
- Execute schedule Health Checks to populate Programme Assurance Metrics
- Facilitate schedule reviews and corresponding assurance activities
- Identify and drive forward opportunity for process improvements
- Co-ordinate knowledge forums
What you’ll bring
You will bring to the table a range of skills and experiences including:
Planning & Dependency Management:
- Project planning tools troubleshooting
- Providing guidance on setting up a Project planning workshop, use of MS Project Plan templates, managing milestones in a project and programme schedules
- Detailed planning and dependency management support for complex Projects
- Consultative support of all Planning & Dependency related activities and associated processes and tools
- Solid understanding of Waterfall and Agile delivery
- Creating Programme plans & roadmaps
Planning Process Assurance:
- Change management of Planning processes & standards
- Ensuring project plans align to Programme Planning processes & standards and are regular maintained
- Execute planning health checks for all Projects and workstreams following the PMO planning health check process
- Providing guidance on managing the change control process & impact analysis support
- Supporting change control related activities and associated processes and tools
- Communication of change processes
- Proven experience of governance reporting
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.