An overview of the role
Working as part of Capgemini’s Service Management team in the Scottish Highlands delivering services to a UK Public Sector organization, you will undertake Process Ownership and Senior level Operational delivery of the ITIL Problem Management process.
As a Problem manager you will seek and eliminate recurrence of incidents, proactively identify hidden risk and improvement opportunities by working with both client and colleagues to identify the root cause of Incidents and initiating actions to improve or correct the situation, this will include performing Incident trend Analysis to support proactive Problem investigations.
The role is client facing and may also require you to contribute to the development and deployment of an ITIL aligned process.
Why this role?
As Lead Problem Manager, your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Ensure the effective operation of the Problem Management Process and oversee the Problem Management process delivery
• Identify and raise potential proactive Problems via the use of Incident trend analysis and reporting
• Participate in the triage process for all proposed Problem cases, ensuring that results are documented, and problems are allocated via ITSM tooling
• Lead and manage both proactive and reactive Problem investigations via Root Cause Analysis
• Secure prioritization of problems from a business perspective
• Ensure that cross – service provider (Capgemini, Client, 3rd Party and Partner contacts) problem investigations are conducted effectively and in line with end-to-end Service Level Agreements
• Act as escalation point in scope of root cause analysis process
• Ensure the delivery of high-quality reporting
• Manage associated management actions, share root cause and known errors and other lessons learnt across the regions and with service providers as appropriate
• Manage or coordinate implementation of corrective actions, recording of residual business risk and communicate high quality updates to all stakeholders
• Ensure that active knowledge sharing exists between all engaged parties, ensure mandatory compliance with and ongoing maintenance of the Known Error database and promoting it across service providers and Service Domains
• Ensure that stakeholder resources are appropriately identified and coached
• Ensure that service providers use globally consistent approach to operational processes
• Review the efficiency & effectiveness of the Problem Management function and processes on a periodic basis
As someone with a proven track record in Service Management, you will be able to work cross functionally and have experience of managing virtual teams to deliver an end to end Problem Management process and will be able to evidence the below requirements:
• Excellent management and communication skills with the confidence to lead Problem Management meetings
• Proven track record of successful working directly with business and service managers
• Clear commitment to Service Management Framework
• ITIL certification (V3 or above – Foundation minimum, Intermediate or Practitioner preferred)
• Proven experience in the development and delivery of training, materials, schedules and facilitating of training sessions for internal and external resources, leadership and mentoring skills
• Proven experience in Supplier and stakeholder management
• Minimum ITIL V3 or higher at Foundation level
• Knowledge of desktop products, IT Networks, Components and operational delivery of IT services
• Expertise in cross systems interrelations in context of the global business process
• Experience in IT, with emphasis on operational management
• Experience in various Problem Management reactive and proactive techniques supported by deep understanding of statistics and quality management concepts
• Previous experience of ServiceNow would be desirable but not essential.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.