London base location but global travel
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 4,000 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a thought-leader in the Consumer Products and Retail Industry with a strong track record of delivery. We have a leading position in developing innovative value propositions for clients from strategy inception to assisting in execution and benefits delivery.
What you’ll do
• Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network to generate c.£1.5m (at Principal level) or £3m (at VP level) of consulting revenues.
• Engaging with Clients – developing relationships with senior members of Tier 1 and 2 retail organisations.
• Driving buying and merchandising strategy, consulting and technology offerings to new and existing clients, ensuring offerings are relevant and timely.
• Acting as an authority and thought leader on the subject of buying and merchandising in the retail sector.
• Planning and managing the effective development and growth of Capgemini’s global retail capabilities.
• Engaging at Board level with clients and potential clients.
• Ensuring effective delivery and timely completion of projects in alignment with commercial goals.
• Working collaboratively with other consultants in Retail and Supply Chain teams in order to ensure success.
• As well as defining the target shape and composition of the Global Retail Supply Chain team and recruiting consultants, you’ll be mentoring other members of the team in order to ensure their effective development.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for an individual with a strong track record in the delivery of buying and merchandising transformation in the retail sector. You will have experience of the issues faced by retailers and, specifically, the key commercial and supply chain challenges in the sector.
You’ll bring deep experience of the transformation programme lifecycle from strategy to implementation, with the ability to demonstrate an active and well informed knowledge of the retail sector, and have an opinion on key trends.
In addition you’ll:
• Currently (or recently) be working within a major consultancy or strategy organisation, and will demonstrate rapid career progression.
• Have a deep understanding of buying and merchandising strategies and processes including: merchandise planning; assortment planning; category management; sourcing and costing; space planning; and pricing, promotions and markdown.
• A deep understanding of one or more retail sectors, including: Grocery, Fashion, General Merchandise and Health & Beauty.
• Possess experience of implementing business solutions in the buying and merchandising domains supported by technology where necessary. Understanding of the technology options is essential but deep technical knowledge is not necessary.
• Have a track record of selling and delivering major retail change programmes, defined either through their monetary value or the major impact it has had on the client.
• Bring a strong sales track record of selling consulting services.
• Bring experience of and enjoy mentoring and leading high performing teams.
• Have a history of delivering innovative but realistic solutions to client problems.
• You’ll be highly motivated and able to thrive in a demanding but collaborative environment.
• With strong leadership and interpersonal skills, you’ll be credible and comfortable developing and building senior/board level client relationships, holding the gravitas to engage with C-level individuals.
• You’ll be a self-starter, able to make your own impact, thriving in the independence offered to you.
• You’ll have the ability to manage a team, providing direction and helping individuals in your team to develop.
• Ability to develop tailored proposals and value propositions for clients.
You will be culturally sensitive to the different styles’ and demands that global organisations will pose and you will leverage your emotional intelligence to navigate complex global matrix organisations.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as the roles will involve periods of time away from home, including global travel, sometimes at short notice.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, as well as variable compensation, dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer excellent flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.