Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Investing and developing our position in the UK Health and Social Care market, our ambition is to become a leading trusted advisor and delivery partner to Health and Social Care providers and commissioners, to enable new models of integrated care, transform providers’ operating models and empower patients to be more in control of the Health and the choices available to them.
Main Purpose Of Role
As a Principal, you’ll be focused on a combination of growing our Health sector account, as well as delivering key projects within this sector. You’ll play an integral role in further developing our Health strategy and account plan focused on how we best utilise our collective strengths across Consulting, Technology and Digital, to differentiate ourselves in the market. Your expertise will be key in helping to shape the propositions we take to the market, generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks to help solve problems and drive out insightful fact-based findings and recommendations. You’ll have a personal business development target of £1.5m per annum of Consulting business.
You’ll then help deliver this account plan, as part of the team that targets opportunities, writes proposals, and then successfully present these to prospective clients.
In terms of delivering projects, you’ll be able to take on a range on roles for our Health sector clients, such as:
• Developing the strategic direction of a service and/or system.
• Helping redesign how a service should operate, based on improving patient pathways and creating efficiencies.
• Writing associated business cases (in line with the Government’s Five Case model) to secure programme funding.
• Managing the delivery of the programme in line with leading edge programme management methodologies.
• Developing and implementing a change management approach and plan to ensure buy-in to the changes and to ensure adoption of the new ways of working.
• Tracking benefits and ensure that the changes stick for the long term.
Skills and Experience
You’ll bring experience of working within the Health sector and, ideally, experience of working within the broader public sector. You’ll demonstrate senior stakeholder relationships across the whole health system and you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
You’ll have a strong track record in developing propositions, delivering transformation projects within the Health sector, including Health providers (such as Acute Trusts) as well as Health and Social Care economies (such as CCGs and/or local government). Specifically, you’ll bring experience of:
• Leading and managing teams often comprised of people from multiple partner and/or client organisations.
• Developing and delivering innovative change management approaches that ensure stakeholder buy-in and ultimately adoption of the new ways of working, and ensuring that the changes stick for the long term.
• Working with people at all levels across the many sectors of the Health sector (NHS, CSUs, CCGs, etc), quickly establishing credibility and being able to influence.
• Writing business cases to secure funding for proposed changes.
• Developing Health related propositions that combine the strengths of your current organisation with the strategic direction of the Health Service (as, for example, highlighted in the NHS England’s Five Year Forward View).
You’ll also bring a coherent understanding of the different elements of business transformations e.g.
• Target Operating Model
• Programme Design and Delivery
• Business Change (Change Management)
• Programme Mobilisation
• Programme Review and Recovery
You will have gained experience from within a Consulting firm that works within the Health sector and may also have worked as a senior manager within the Health sector.
To be successful you’ll be intellectually strong, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment. You’ll need to be credible, at ease working in a clinical environment, with the gravitas to engage effectively with C-level / CXOs on a peer to peer basis. You’ll enjoy managing a team, providing direction and helping others to develop. In fact, you’ll thrive in this environment. You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity. Collaborative in style, empathetic in nature, confident in content and focussed on outcomes at all levels in the client organisation.
Flexible and versatile, you’ll be able to adapt skills / behaviours / attitude in order to work across sectors and areas that are not core, in order to meet Capgemini’s and our clients’ needs.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary as well as a variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.