Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini-consulting.com/industries/automotive
Main Purpose Of Role
The Automotive industry as we know it today will change due to disruptions from start-ups, innovations from other industries and changing customer demands. Customers want to be connected via seamless digital channels with the manufacturer, service providers and their own vehicle. Therefore Automotive incumbents should transform their product oriented strategy to a customer and service oriented strategy. There is abundant evidence that the Automotive landscape is changing as we speak. It requires companies throughout the whole value chain to become fit for the digital future, so from suppliers to dealerships there is a call for action to embark on the journey of connected – customers, insights, manufacturing and operations.
Capgemini Consulting is hiring a Principal to join our Customer Experience & Analytics practice. This role will be fundamental in driving forward the digital agenda for our Automotive clients and their customers. We are seeking to hire a proven Customer Experience leader to set a visionary direction, maximise the market opportunity, drive the development of the team and deliver for our clients to:
• Put the customer at the heart of everything they do, and become nimble enough to meet their evolving preferences/needs, and be part of their lives.
• Define & design where next for building customer advocacy and differentiating their propositions in the market place.
• Foster a culture which can seize new opportunities in a rapidly transforming digital world by trying new things, testing-and-learning, not being afraid to fail (quickly) but critically being able to rapidly scale and integrate successes for true competitive advantage.
What you’ll do:
You’ll help drive our strategy, shape our offers, develop our capability within Digital and Customer Experience and lead sales and delivery work with new and existing clients in the Automotive / Manufacturing Sector. You’ll generate new business/sell and deliver in excess of £1.5m per annum of management consulting work.
You’ll help our Automotive clients to fuel their digital transformation on the basis of three enablers:
1. First and foremost, putting the customer (dealer and customer) at the centre of everything they do.
2. Second, make sure that they transform data into a competitive advantage and make use of innovative technologies to bring operations & engineering to the next level.
3. Thirdly, to realise the transformation, align their organisation and their people’s readiness.
You’ll play a leadership role in our business; helping to set the direction and drive forward the business; role model our values & behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. You will be part of the Customer Experience & Analytics leadership team.
Externally in the market, you’ll bring the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain board / senior management relationships. To understand and scope out their challenges and potential solutions and to both sell & deliver top-tier consulting and technology enabled business transformation work. Providing intellectual leadership by generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks, you’ll help the team to solve problems and drive out insightful fact-based findings and recommendations – either on a client project, leading a sales bid or thought leadership.
Skills and Experience
What you’ll bring:
You’ll bring deep CX expertise, with experience in the Automotive Sector. You may also have experience in Manufacturing. We are looking for someone who is passionate in supporting our clients to design, deliver and optimise Customer Experience.
To be successful you’ll bring strong consulting skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing skills. You’ll have a natural ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior executives and possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
You’ll enjoy managing a team, providing direction and helping others to develop. You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity. In fact, you’ll thrive in this environment. You’ll combine the commitment to own and deliver outstanding work with the gravitas to engage effectively with C-level / CXOs on a peer to peer basis.
You’ll bring a coherent understanding of how the “Customer” fits into our Automotive and manufacturing clients organisations from a B2B a well as B2C perspective.
A solution architect in the broadest sense with experience of designing and implementing the business solutions (e.g. customer experience, B2B sales, operating model, processes and business requirements) of customer focused technical systems/services, self service systems e.g. websites and contact centre systems and e.g. workflow and telephony.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary and variable compensation. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.