Who you’ll be working with
A PMO Team Leader is required to support the Capgemini SAP business unit in Worthing. This currently consists of 260 resources including a large number of off-shore, landed and flexible resources. These support one of HMRC’s key strategic platforms which has a large number of complex IT projects & programmes.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role.
The focus of your role
Your PMO team of approx. 8 people will be supporting numerous project managers within the SAP business unit. You will be managing this PMO team and facing off to the senior programme managers. The work consists of large, complex projects & programmes with a particular focus on financial control. Commercial awareness and attention to detail are a given. You will be expected to use the full range of PMO competencies in a collaborative, exciting and fast moving environment.
What you’ll do
• Produce/analyse various financial reports for senior programme managers (both internal & for the client)
• Ensure your PMO team delivers its full range of services efficiently to their project managers
• Maintain programme delivery plans, reflecting change using planning tools and techniques
• Ensure the PMO service is delivered in compliance to quality & governance systems (eg. Risks, Change)
• Work with the wider PMO manager community across the wider account to bring in best practise to all.
What you’ll bring
• An ability to methodically manage and analyse data for senior stakeholders
• An understanding of Project Management methodology and associated tools knowledge, eg. MS Project, CA OpenWorkbench, MS Excel
• An ability to manage your team to tight deadlines, whilst coaching & mentoring them
• Strong communication skills and be able to engage with staff at senior levels
• Strong financial PMO background
• Certification at ISEB Programme & Project Management Advanced level (or equivalent) is desirable.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.