An Overview of the Role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a willingness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ year or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
The role of our Platform Engineers is to focus on delivering highly available, scalable enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS platforms as part of dedicated or cross-function teams to engineer modern solutions based on business goals with varying levels of a DevOps maturity. You will be able to draw on the huge body of knowledge within Capgemini to achieve great results for your client, and part of your ownpersonal growth.
An Overview of the Role
- Actively working with our clients on digital IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solution strategies, designs, and delivery programmes, transforming their business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
- Implementation and maintenance of platforms and services based on the business requirements, constraints and strategies.
- In time you will be able to create, maintain and enhance standards for delivery for business functionality, as well as developing, maintaining, and enhancing design standards and patterns for infrastructure and system components.
- Applying technical innovation with contribution towards internal projects and client bids in order to win new business.
- Contribute towards the business units strategy directly through your own personal growth, alongside coaching and mentoring of our junior talent.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
We are looking for people to join this team within the Relaunch@Capgemini programme who want to work in a dynamic atmosphere, are keen to develop their skills further with coaching and training and have a real passion for business and technology. We work with a large array of clients and projects, technologies can vary significantly between projects. We never expect expect our team to have a deep understanding of every technology, but show an ability to learn and adapt.
We are looking for engineers which have this ability along with a combination of skills and business experience in relevant tools and technology which are aligned with the our domain space and are open to candidates of all technical backgrounds looking to crossover into the platform engineering space (infrastructure, development, testing, operations and support).
Experience/willingness to learn in the following areas:
- Experience of public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Continuous Integration systems such Hudson, Jenkins, Concourse, Drone & Bamboo.
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt)
- Good understanding of the HashiCorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul)
- Containerisation or virtualisation awareness – Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift
- Scripting and or Programming skills using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java.
- Familiarity with the core system and/or database administration skills.
- Strong communication skills; with the ability to convey and or understand complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm