An overview of the role
Capgemini’s Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ½ years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
As a Platform Engineer within Capgemini you will work with a range of high-profile clients, supporting them in transforming their use of public cloud services. We are looking for ‘Engineers, developers, operations engineers, system administrators and hands on architects, to join our Cloud Infrastructure Services Business unit, who have real-world experience that goes beyond IaaS (PaaS, SaaS, Microservices, Containers, Serverless) and demonstrable Cloud Engineering knowledge.
No two projects are ever the same within the Cloud Infrastructure Services Business Unit as we support all business sectors. As a Platform Engineer you will be expected to have knowledge, confidence and capability to assist our clients in realising their public cloud strategy. This would include:
• Undertaking cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
• Working with great engineers – at the end of the day it’s all about people. Capgemini has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
• Using leading-edge technology – our clients are constantly looking to take cloud technology further, leveraging open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices, to name but a few.
• You’ll get opportunities to develop and progress – working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments and to have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
Why this role?
As a leader in Cloud technology, you will drive strategy and innovation to support and improve Business capabilities, processes and applications in the Cloud for our high-profile international clients.
• You will define and maintain technical designs according to cloud best practices and ensure they are deployed correctly in the Cloud environment by your team of engineers. You will also be a champion for agile delivery automation providing consistent Cloud deployment.
• You will consistently improve self by expanding your knowledge, relationships and certifications with our Cloud partners which will be fully supported.
• You will collaborate with many different international parties internally and externally.
• Your location is Flexible within the UK, but flexibility to travel from time to time due to projects requirement or meetings may be required.
We want passionate, energetic Platform Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services. We’re looking for Engineers that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge.
You’ll bring a broad range of experience in modern cloud stacks, so don’t worry if you haven’t got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we’d really like to talk to you.
Things we seek:
• Appetite for learning new technologies
• Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
• Extremely sound knowledge of Linux/ Windows.
• Deep knowledge, and preferably certification, for designing & implementing either AWS, Azure or Google Compute services, leveraging infrastructure as code;
• Experience, and ideally certification, in either Red Hat Ansible or Hashicorp Terraform;
• Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
• Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
• Ability to build and maintain CICD pipelines and underlying infrastructure;
• Strong understanding of the cost drivers of cloud services.
• Strong and demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to cloud platforms and integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery environments;
• Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes;
• Experience with application and infrastructure management, monitoring and logging systems particularly Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and integrations with Slack and Teams;
• Proven experience working as a team lead using Agile methodologies;
• Strong client-facing skills with excellent communication capabilities, including the ability to develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
• Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
• Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.