Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
We are looking to recruit a Pega LSA -Lead System Architect for Capgemini Financial Services Digital Practice. This is a permanent, fulltime position and this represents a unique opportunity for someone to enhance their Digital Consulting career.
- Hands on experience in PEGA technology.
- PEGA Certified lead system architect with a number of years’ experience.
- Extensive hands on experience in case management Service Connector , API Data model and UI security in PEGA 8 version
- Preferable experience on PEGA CLM or PEGA KYC framework Analysis and debugging skill to solve issues within a strict timeline.
- Experience on working in Agile environment
- Experience on Relational Database Management Systems including architecting and designing for performance and scalability and working with Object to Relational Mapping schemes for distributed data access
- Fundamentals in Core Java Object Oriented concepts
- Excellent skills in MSSQL
- Should be proficient in SQL commands
- Lead the solution architecture and design based on the best methodology
- Leading BPM & SOA based Solution for Strategic BPM Project Roll out Multi Channel/Multi Geography
- Working closely with architecture delivery to design the Pega component in the context of the wider programme.
- Working/communicating with onsite team to share design/implementation details and participation of design discussions with client.
- Attending Design session, capture design decisions, produce Enterprise Class Structure, design Cases and Flows, create data model.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of almost 220,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.1 billion.