A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Oracle’s transformation into a cloud business and their key differentiation as a provider of Enterprise grade public cloud is driving significant growth in the UK and European IT Services sector. Capgemini has a demand for high quality consulting resources to respond to the opportunities being generated by this growth.
As the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering innovative solutions, and we understand that one of the keys to our success is the ability for our Consultants to articulate the benefits, approach and strategies for Cloud adoption and evolution. We are looking for Oracle Infrastructure Engineers to work hands-on with Oracle’s IaaS and PaaS products in exciting and dynamic project environments.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone, so we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
You will take a lead and hands-on role on our complex Oracle Cloud implementations, working with Oracle’s OCI and PaaS products. These solutions may support data centre to cloud migrations or cloud-native initiatives focused around digital enablement, microservices, API strategies and apps modernisation.
• You will design, deploy, manage and operate Oracle technology solutions across the spectrum of modern infrastructure
• You will be required to work with modern Open Source or third-party solutions on occasion
• Manage database solutions, including performance tuning, high availability, disaster recover (the traditional DBA role)
• You will support Subject Matter Experts for one or more technical aspect of the projects on which you work
• You will support and enable technical aspects of Oracle Cloud Migration Assessments and Oracle Cloud Solutions across a range of industries
• You will be given opportunities to gain exposure to wider Cloud offerings including those across Oracle’s IaaS and PaaS portfolios but also in other public or private clouds where appropriate.
• You will continue to develop your expertise in the Capgemini’s UK Oracle Practice in one or more specific technologies, with the opportunity to progress to technical SME roles and beyond into architecture or project management
• You will be an Oracle Engineer with experience in one or more aspects of modern infrastructure such as Networking, Compute, Storage, Databases, Replication, Containerisation, Event Stream Processing and PaaS deployment
• An awareness of modern Cloud-native infrastructure and development practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management tooling, DevOps tooling and practices as well as the evolution and operation of CI/CD including tools such as Terraform, Jenkins and Ansible
• Awareness of end to end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies
• Strong technical skills with infrastructure products
• The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and to communicate and escalate effectively
• Passion and a genuine interest for Oracle Cloud technologies and products
• Awareness of Oracle’s IaaS and PaaS strategy and portfolio with the ability to learn quickly
Capgemini will offer you professional development and accelerated career progression. We operate an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini, and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. We embed this into a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals; you will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.