An overview of the role
As an Oracle EBS Developer with deep knowledge of Oracle eBusiness Suite, you will take a lead development and design role in the delivery of Oracle ERP systems based on both, on-premises & cloud-based architectures. You will have a key focus on EBS integration, customization and extension to help our clients to implement their complex requirements.
Additionally, you need to be eager to develop and learn new technologies to become proficient in both Cloud and On-Premises technology. To be part of our team means the opportunity to learn to extend SaaS with PaaS and Hybrid Integration between Cloud and On-Premise using Oracle Integration Cloud and/or APIs/Microservices amongst others.
- Operate as a Senior Developer in complex Oracle ERP implementations, both on-premises and cloud-based using Oracle eBusiness Suite and associated extension/customisation technologies (such as OAF, Java, Workflow, forms Reports, etc).
- Design and implement performant and scalable integration or extension solutions to client problems
- Guide clients to deliver effective eBusiness Suite solutions
- Solve problems for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in-cross discipline, agile and distributed teams in the UK.
- Take responsibility for communicating an implementation approach and design methodology to any offshore development teams which may be working on large implementations alongside UK resources.
- Support key test cycles, SIT, UAT and liaise with senior stakeholders.
- Defect resolution and artefact management
Why this role?
Oracle’s current acquisition strategy and the growing adoption of cloud is building a breadth of opportunities with our customers to take their current IT systems to the Digital and Cloud market. However, we also recognise that many customers have an active footprint in Oracle’s world-renowned eBusiness Suite applications.
As the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practice in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering these creative and innovative solutions and we understand that core to our client’s requirements is the ability for our consultants to articulate these leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical problems.
- Experience and a proven track record of large-scale Oracle on premise and/or cloud implementation projects
- Expertise with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Good understanding of multiple modules within Oracle E-Business Suite (such as HR/Payroll, Finance, Procurement) and experience in developing integrations and customizations in these modules.
- Good understanding of Oracle E-Business Suite API’s and open interfaces
- Expertise with Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, Forms, BI Publisher
- Knowledge of OAF, Workflow, Reports, BI Publisher is preferred but not mandatory
- Good communication skills and experience with Distributed Delivery experience (Off-Shore / On-Shore project delivery)
- Able to build productive relationships with clients and peers
- Passion and a genuine interest in technology
- SC Cleared or able to obtain SC clearance
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.