Who you’ll be working with
You will be joining the Platform Engineering group part of the wider 450-people strong Digital Delivery Group working on exciting UK public sector customer projects.
The focus of your role
You will work closely with other Agile/DevOps minded teams on a variety of projects, many of them concurrent. You will be expected to take a lead role in all stages of network deliveries such as discovery, design, and implementation from receipt of initial customer proposals through to successful implementation. You will also be expected to provide third level support for activities you will be working on.
What you’ll do
• Solve problems for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams
• Work as a member of a wider team embracing Capgemini values, policies and guidelines
• Provide network consultancy to other Capgemini teams
• Validate network project requirements to ensure they are fit for purpose
• Contribute to grow our software defined networking (SDN) capability
• Acting as an escalation point for network technical risks and issues
• Deliver under significant pressure and to meet challenging deadlines
What you’ll bring
• Good working knowledge of Cisco hardware; switches, routers and load-balancers at CCNP,CCDP level
• Good working knowledge of firewalls, particularly Nokia VSX, Checkpoint, Sidewinder F5 BigIPs
• Knowledge of Linux and fluent in one or more scripting/programming language (ideally, python, powershell)
• You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed project work with little day to day detailed direction
• Good working knowledge of MS Visio for creation of design documents
• Excellent interpersonal and team communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards in client facing environments
• Keen to stay up to date, learn, and expand knowledge
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.